This book details FAA's standards and practical techniques for aircraft inspection and repair of unpressurized sections of civil aircraft under 12,500 pounds. It is considered the acceptable standard of work for many hundreds of procedures to be used when detailed manufacturer's instructions do not exist. It can be considered as the bible for light airplane repair and is so a principle requirement for light aircraft repair stations and a core required book at all Part 147 A&P schools.
This edition of AC43.13 produced by Aircraft Technical Book Company is an exact page-by-page reproduction of the FAA Advisory Circular just as offered by several other publishers, but with the following benefits:
- Its heavy-duty coated cover better resists dirt, damage, and normal wear.
- It corrects dozens of figure numbering and pagination errors.
The eBook version is a single file that is fully searchable, printable, and extensively bookmarked for ease of use.
The basic chapters include:
- Chapter 1: Wood Structure
- Chapter 2: Fabric Covering
- Chapter 3. Fiberglass and Plastics
- Chapter 4. Metal Structure, Welding and Brazing
- Chapter 5. Nondestructive Inspection (NDI)
- Chapter 6. Corrosion, Inspection and Protection
- Chapter 7. Aircraft Hardware, Control Cables, and Turnbuckles
- Chapter 8. Engines, Fuel, Exhaust, and Propellers
- Chapter 9. Aircraft Systems and Components
- Chapter 10. Weight and Balance
- Chapter 11. Aircraft Electrical Systems
- Chapter 12. Aircraft Avionics Systems
Click Look Inside above for the complete table of contents.
Same Day Shipping
Orders placed before 2 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST) Monday-Friday (except holidays) are shipped out the same day. FedEx Overnight, 2nd Day, and Express Saver requests must be placed by 1 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST) for same day shipping.
Shipping Within the USA
- Standard shipping options for all U.S. addresses are your choice of FedEx Ground, FedEx Express, and U.S. Postal Priority Mail.
- Free Shipping in Continental US on retail orders over $95 is by standard mail (USPS) for residences and FedEx Ground for commercial addresses. Free shipping does not apply to wholesale orders.
US Shipping Methods
- FedEx Ground is a fully traceable and fully insured service with times and costs about the same as Priority Mail. We recommend FedEx Ground for all shipments so your package will arrive on a timelier basis and in good condition.
- FedEx Overnight, 2nd Day and Express Saver requests must be placed by 1 PM Mountain Standard Time for same day shipping. As with all FedEx services, it is fully traceable, insured, and will arrive on a timely basis in the best packaging available.
FedEx Service Explanations
- Standard Overnight delivers the next business day (Mon-Fri, except holidays and weekends) at the time of day when your FedEx driver normally serves your shipping address.
- 2nd Day Service is also measured in business days. For example, an order placed on Thursday will arrive on Monday, and an order placed on Friday will arrive on Tuesday.
- Exceptions and delays: FedEx provides reliable on time service (far better than the post office). However, as all transportation is subject to delay due to weather or other factors, neither FedEx nor ATB can absolutely guarantee on time delivery of any package.
- Priority Mail is just a little bit more predictable than standard mail. Typical shipping times are 3-4 days to the west coast or midwest, and 5-6 days to the east coast. However, if it does not arrive on time there is nothing we can do about it.
- Other shipping methods are available upon request. Please note your request on the comments section of the checkout form or give us a call.
- Your order may be shipped on your own FedEx account. Please note your request on the comments section of the checkout form or give us a call.
- APO and FPO military addresses are considered US addresses regardless of the country in which you serve. Please enter United States as your country and your APO/FPO zip code in that box.
- Standard International shipping options and costs are displayed on the checkout page once you have entered your order. Please note that many countries charge various taxes and duties when you receive your order. These taxes are NOT determined or collected by us and so are NOT included with your shipping total at time of checkout. If your shipment can be marked in some way to help with these matters, please let us know in the "comments" box of the checkout page. If you do not pay the duties and taxes associated with your order or refuse your package for any reason, we will not be able to refund the cost of shipping to your location and the cost to return the order to our warehouse.
- We strongly recommend FedEx for all international shipping. Choosing FedEx shipping is the only way to guarantee your order will be successfully delivered.
- Freight Forwarders are a safe and economical method of shipping larger orders (over 50 kg). If you do not currently use a freight forwarder, please ask us to recommend one which serves your area.
- If you would like your package marked in a specific way to help it clear your country's customs, please note your request in the comments section of the checkout form.