Test Guides are a great help to your learning experience. It is an excellent way to review the material learned in the classroom and/or from the various textbooks. Test Guides include sample questions with answers and explanations in the same format as will be on your actual FAA exams. Use them to verify your knowledge in each subject and/or to practice for the exam.
What makes ATB Test Guides unique:
- The ATB Test Guides are specifically designed to work with the FAA H-8083 Handbooks which are the actual source of all FAA questions. The book is organized into the same chapters as the Handbook chapters and all questions are referenced to both ATA codes and to the page(s) in the Handbook where that topic is discussed.
- Each ATB Test Guide includes Oral and Practical sample questions and projects with each chapter, plus the current FAA Practical Test Standards guide (PTS) for that section.
- ATB Test Guides feature an uncluttered page layout and places the answers and explanations on the back side of the question page. This helps keep the answers out of sight while you consider the question and so offering a superior study experience. View “Look Inside” to see sample pages.
- ATB Test Guides include 6 months of unlimited free SkyPrep online test practice with each book. SkyPrep allows you to take practice exams on your computer exactly as you will with your actual FAA tests. Following each practice session, correct answers and explanation are given for all missed responses. Your 6 month period begins when you first log into the SkyPrep feature.
About the questions in this book: As of 2011, the FAA stopped publishing the actual test questions in the exams. While the practice questions in this guide (and those of all other Test Guide publishers) will be similar too, but not exactly the questions you will see on your final test.
- 0006 - FAA-H-8083-30A-ATB - General Test Guide
- 0007 - FAA-H-8083-31A-ATB - Airframe Test Guide
- 0008 - FAA-H-8083-32A-ATB - Powerplant Test Guide
Aircraft Technical Book Company offers full instructor's support for this A&P series; including matching workbooks and test guides for students and free image banks for instructors who teach with this set.
Same Day Shipping
Orders placed before 2 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST) Monday-Friday (except holidays) are shipped out the same day. FedEx Overnight, 2nd Day, and Express Saver requests must be placed by 1 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST) for same day shipping.
Shipping Within the USA
- Standard shipping options for all U.S. addresses are your choice of FedEx Ground, FedEx Express, and U.S. Postal Priority Mail.
- Free Shipping in Continental US on retail orders over $95 is by standard mail (USPS) for residences and FedEx Ground for commercial addresses. Free shipping does not apply to wholesale orders.
US Shipping Methods
- FedEx Ground is a fully traceable and fully insured service with times and costs about the same as Priority Mail. We recommend FedEx Ground for all shipments so your package will arrive on a timelier basis and in good condition.
- FedEx Overnight, 2nd Day and Express Saver requests must be placed by 1 PM Mountain Standard Time for same day shipping. As with all FedEx services, it is fully traceable, insured, and will arrive on a timely basis in the best packaging available.
FedEx Service Explanations
- Standard Overnight delivers the next business day (Mon-Fri, except holidays and weekends) at the time of day when your FedEx driver normally serves your shipping address.
- 2nd Day Service is also measured in business days. For example, an order placed on Thursday will arrive on Monday, and an order placed on Friday will arrive on Tuesday.
- Exceptions and delays: FedEx provides reliable on time service (far better than the post office). However, as all transportation is subject to delay due to weather or other factors, neither FedEx nor ATB can absolutely guarantee on time delivery of any package.
- Priority Mail is just a little bit more predictable than standard mail. Typical shipping times are 3-4 days to the west coast or midwest, and 5-6 days to the east coast. However, if it does not arrive on time there is nothing we can do about it.
- Other shipping methods are available upon request. Please note your request on the comments section of the checkout form or give us a call.
- Your order may be shipped on your own FedEx account. Please note your request on the comments section of the checkout form or give us a call.
- APO and FPO military addresses are considered US addresses regardless of the country in which you serve. Please enter United States as your country and your APO/FPO zip code in that box.
- Standard International shipping options and costs are displayed on the checkout page once you have entered your order. Please note that many countries charge various taxes and duties when you receive your order. These taxes are NOT determined or collected by us and so are NOT included with your shipping total at time of checkout. If your shipment can be marked in some way to help with these matters, please let us know in the "comments" box of the checkout page. If you do not pay the duties and taxes associated with your order or refuse your package for any reason, we will not be able to refund the cost of shipping to your location and the cost to return the order to our warehouse.
- We strongly recommend FedEx for all international shipping. Choosing FedEx shipping is the only way to guarantee your order will be successfully delivered.
- Freight Forwarders are a safe and economical method of shipping larger orders (over 50 kg). If you do not currently use a freight forwarder, please ask us to recommend one which serves your area.
- If you would like your package marked in a specific way to help it clear your country's customs, please note your request in the comments section of the checkout form.