Helicopter Aerodynamics, Structures, and Systems is a complete and modern textbook developed to international (B1.3 / B1.4) standards for the helicopter technician and engineer. As with all ATB modules, this too matches all requirements of EASA Part 66 including its content, sequence, and the required learning levels (L1, 2, or 3) needed for an approved Part 147 helicopter maintenance technician program.
The systems covered in this book, go far beyond just rotor and flight controls. All relevant helicopter systems, organized by ATA chapter, are described in depth with an emphasis on its unique functions and how they pertain too and differ with helicopters.
- Rotary Wing Aerodynamics
- Flight Control Systems
- Blade Tracking and Vibration Analysis
- Airframe Structures
- Air Conditioning ATA 21
- Instrument Systems ATA 31
- Avionics Systems ATA 22, 23, 24
- Electrical Power ATA 24
- Equipment and Furnishing ATA 25
- Fire Protection ATA 26
- Fuel Systems ATA 28
- Hydraulic Power ATA 29
- Ice and Rain Protection ATA 30
- Landing Gear ATA 32
- Lights ATA 33
- Pneumatic and Vacuum Systems ATA 36
- Integrated Modular Avionics ATA 42
- On Board Maintenance Systems ATA 45
- Information Systems ATA 46
(click look inside above for the complete table of contents and other sample pages)
Each topic is explained with understandable text and exceptional full-color illustrations with step-by-step detail. You will learn by understanding each concept and how and why each is useful in the day-to-day tasks of the aircraft technician in the aviation maintenance environment. For FAA A&P students, all required topics are covered, however at the higher level of proficiency that the EASA licenses require.
Module Editions and Updates
ATB EASA Modules are in a constant state of review for quality, regulatory updates, and new technologies. This book's edition is given in the revision log above. Update notices will be available Online at Module Revisions Page If you would like to be notified when changes occur, please join our mailing list at www.actechbooks.com
For schools considering the adoption of ATB modules as your primary student notes, we offer various additional services including projectable image banks, examination question databases, and generous additional support for instructors and for your requirements for your national authority.
How To Get And Use Your eBook
When you order an eBook, whether Unsecure or Secure, you will receive an email confirmation containing the purchase details and eBook file. If you have a Secure eBook, you will receive a second email with your eBook viewer and license from firstname.lastname@example.org If you do not receive this email within a couple of minutes, first check your spam folder. If you can't find the email give us a call (970.726.5111) or send us an email (email@example.com) we are more than happy to help. Once you receive the email, follow the easy install instructions below or visit our FAQ page.
Secured eBooks are offered through a system called Safeguard Viewer which makes protected eBooks easier to read and view. The Safeguard Viewer application is compatible with Windows, Android, macOS and iOS devices. Visit this LINK
to get the Safeguard Viewer application. The Safeguard Viewer PDC files include all the familiar features found in standard PDFs. Our eBooks are authorized to use on up to six (6) supported devices. Your files are authorized to you and can be viewed online or offline. Secured PDCs may be used on any device that supports the Safeguard Viewer application The download process is three (3) easy steps:
- Install the Safeguard Viewer application found in your second email from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download your license from that same second email. Note: A license is only needed once, if you lost your license, or change emails address, send us your email and order number and we will resend your license to download right away. Also, you will need to be online the first time you open your eBook, so your license can be authorized.)
- Open and enjoy your new eBooks and experience. Please let us know if you have any issues-anytime! email@example.com
If the eBook is Unsecured, it is a standard PDF viewable by any PDF reader application. In the event you don't have a default PDF reader, visit https://get.adobe.com/reader to get a FREE PDF reader. Unsecured PDFs have no restrictions and may be used on any device that supports PDFs.
Secure (PDC) or Unsecure (PDF) eBooks?
Whether a title is Secure or Unsecured is the decision of the book(s) author. We do not give permission to unlock any Secure file(s) for any reason. Secure files are viewable with our Safeguard Viewer application which can be installed on any Windows, Android, macOS or iOS device. Visit this LINK to get the Safeguard Viewer app.
About Our Online eBooks
We have partnered with Redshelf to bring you the most powerful Online eBook experience available on the internet today. The online eReader is a cloud-based streaming platform that creates an accessible, engaging, and interactive reading experience. The online eReader platform is accessible anywhere with an internet connection and a modern web browser.
When your order is completed, the eBook is ready for you. Find it located in your "MyShelf" dashboard at Redshelf
The newly enhanced MyShelf provides a centralized space to view, acquire, and access all your Online eBooks available through RedShelf. Updated, easy-to-understand features provide the ability to begin reading your eBooks, and seamlessly access your eBook(s)–all from a single login location.
Online eBook Features
This platform includes extra features with each eBook to enhance your study habits:
- Study Guide
- Flashcards Creation
- Offline Access
The minimum requirements are supported by most devices with a modern web browser. We recommend Google Chrome for the best experience:
- Google Chrome (Win/Mac/Android)
- Safari (iPad/iPhone/Mac)
- Firefox (Win/Mac)
- Edge (Win/Mac)
*We do not recommend using Google Chrome on iPad and iPhone devices.
For a visual overview of features, check out these tutorial videos: HERE
Redshelf support can be found HERE
Get The Mobile App
The RedShelf eReader companion app provides simple online or offline access to read and engage with your eBooks located in your RedShelf account. Learn more about these apps HERE
Download from Apple Store
From your Apple device, go to the App Store. Go to the search and type in RedShelf. Select “Get” and complete the prompts to begin the download.
Download from Google Play Store
From your Android device, to to the Google Play Store. Go to the search and type in RedShelf. Select “Install” to begin the download.
Pro Tip: Make sure you are on the most recent version of your operating system as well as the most current version of the app. Most users have their app settings update automatically, but this can be confirmed by going to your Settings.
Same Day Shipping
Orders placed before 2 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST) Monday-Friday (except holidays) are shipped out the same day. FedEx Overnight, 2nd Day, and Express Saver requests must be placed by 1 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST) for same day shipping.
Shipping Within the USA
- Standard shipping options for all U.S. addresses are your choice of FedEx Ground, FedEx Express, and U.S. Postal Priority Mail.
- Free Shipping in Continental US on retail orders over $95 is by standard mail (USPS) for residences and FedEx Ground for commercial addresses. Free shipping does not apply to wholesale orders.
US Shipping Methods
- FedEx Ground is a fully traceable and fully insured service with times and costs about the same as Priority Mail. We recommend FedEx Ground for all shipments so your package will arrive on a timelier basis and in good condition.
- FedEx Overnight, 2nd Day and Express Saver requests must be placed by 1 PM Mountain Standard Time for same day shipping. As with all FedEx services, it is fully traceable, insured, and will arrive on a timely basis in the best packaging available.
FedEx Service Explanations
- Standard Overnight delivers the next business day (Mon-Fri, except holidays and weekends) at the time of day when your FedEx driver normally serves your shipping address.
- 2nd Day Service is also measured in business days. For example, an order placed on Thursday will arrive on Monday, and an order placed on Friday will arrive on Tuesday.
- Exceptions and delays: FedEx provides reliable on time service (far better than the post office). However, as all transportation is subject to delay due to weather or other factors, neither FedEx nor ATB can absolutely guarantee on time delivery of any package.
- Priority Mail is just a little bit more predictable than standard mail. Typical shipping times are 3-4 days to the West Coast or Midwest, and 5-6 days to the East Coast. However, if it does not arrive on time there is nothing we can do about it.
- Other shipping methods are available upon request. Please note your request on the comments section of the checkout form or give us a call.
- Your order may be shipped on your own FedEx account. Please note your request on the comments section of the checkout form or give us a call.
- APO and FPO military addresses are considered US addresses regardless of the country in which you serve. Please enter United States as your country and your APO/FPO zip code in that box.
- Standard International shipping options and costs are displayed on the checkout page once you have entered your order. Please note that many countries charge various taxes and duties when you receive your order. These taxes are NOT determined or collected by us and so are NOT included with your shipping total at time of checkout. If your shipment can be marked in some way to help with these matters, please let us know in the "comments" box of the checkout page. If you do not pay the duties and taxes associated with your order or refuse your package for any reason, we will not be able to refund the cost of shipping to your location and the cost to return the order to our warehouse.
- We strongly recommend FedEx for all international shipping. Choosing FedEx shipping is the only way to guarantee your order will be successfully delivered.
- Freight Forwarders are a safe and economical method of shipping larger orders (over 50 kg). If you do not currently use a freight forwarder, please ask us to recommend one which serves your area.
- If you would like your package marked in a specific way to help it clear your country's customs, please note your request in the comments section of the checkout form.