This is possibly the most complete book written to date on helicopters and helicopter flying, and our first choice for the helicopter pilot trainee, and as a refresher for the experienced pilot. It covers subjects not covered by other manuals such as turbine engines, performance, flight manuals, automatic flight controls, legal aspects, introductory stability and control, and multi-engine helicopters.
- Introduction to Helicopters
- The Rotor Blade
- Flight Controls and Rotor Heads
- Air, Wind, and Weather
- Basic Helicopter Performance
- Balance and Weight
- The Aerodynamics of Autorotation
- Instruments and Warning Systems
- Before You Strap Inů
- Helicopter Flying - The Basics
- The Art of Hovering
- Transitions to Forward Flight
- Lift-off and Touchdown
- Engine Failures
- Peculiarities of the Helicopter
- Flight Manuals, Rules and Regulations
- For the Professional Helicopter Pilot
- Advanced Helicopter Aerodynamics
- Advanced Performance
- Airframe Components
- The Piston Engine
- The Turbine Engine
- Multi-Engine Helicopters
- Stability and Control of the Helicopter
- Helicopter Types
- Night and Instrument Flying
- Automatic Flight Control
- Miscellaneous Musings
How To Get And Use Your eBook
When you order an eBook, whether Unsecure or Secure, you will receive an email confirmation containing the purchase details and eBook file. If you have a Secure eBook, you will receive a second email with your eBook viewer and license from licensing@ll‑safeguard3a.com If you do not receive this email within a couple of minutes, first check your spam folder. If you can't find the email give us a call (970.726.5111) or send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) we are more than happy to help. Once you receive the email, follow the easy install instructions below or visit our FAQ page.
Secured eBooks are offered through a system called Safeguard Viewer which makes protected eBooks easier to read and view. The Safeguard Viewer application is compatible with Windows, Android, macOS and iOS devices. Visit this LINK
to get the Safeguard Viewer application. The Safeguard Viewer PDC files include all the familiar features found in standard PDFs. Our eBooks are authorized to use on up to six (6) supported devices. Your files are authorized to you and can be viewed online or offline. Secured PDCs may be used on any device that supports the Safeguard Viewer application The download process is three (3) easy steps:
- Install the Safeguard Viewer application found in your second email from licensing@ll‑safeguard3a.com
- Download your license from that same second email. Note: A license is only needed once, if you lost your license, or change emails address, send us your email and order number and we will resend your license to download right away. Also, you will need to be online the first time you open your eBook, so your license can be authorized.)
- Open and enjoy your new eBooks and experience. Please let us know if you have any issues-anytime! email@example.com
If the eBook is Unsecured, it is a standard PDF viewable by any PDF reader application. In the event you don't have a default PDF reader, visit https://get.adobe.com/reader to get a FREE PDF reader. Unsecured PDFs have no restrictions and may be used on any device that supports PDFs.
Secure (PDC) or Unsecure (PDF) eBooks?
Whether a title is Secure or Unsecured is the decision of the book(s) author. We do not give permission to unlock any Secure file(s) for any reason. Secure files are viewable with our Safeguard Viewer application which can be installed on any Windows, Android, macOS or iOS device. Visit this LINK to get the Safeguard Viewer app.