Training and Certification for AMTs to match the required levels of the Airman's Certification Standards
You may choose to receive the training materials of this course in either physical (book and DVD) formats or digitally with ebooks and evideo.
The content of this certified course is prepared for the working AMT, bringing you (and your team) up to the training standards now required for new A&P students graduating from Part 147 schools. The topics covered include:
- Physiology and Human Limitations
- Psychology and Teamwork
- Managing Stress
- Environmental Factors
- Task Management
- Communicating Among Teams
- Human Error
- Boeing's MEDA System
- Workplace Hazards and First Aid
Your successful completion of the course provides:
- Certification by Credential Testing Services (CTS), a division of SpaceTEC/CerTEC as founded by the US National Science Foundation.
- FAA recognition through the FAAST program including 16 AMT Award Points.
- 8 Hours IA renewal training credit>/li>
The Training Material in this Course include:
- Human Factors for the Aviation Maintenance Technician - (Book or eBook)
- Crossed Wires video by CASA Australia (DVD or download)
- Human Factors Workbook - (Book or eBook)
- Choose the course material between printed book, workbook, and CD, or choose to download the eBook (PDF), form-fillable workbook (PDF), and MP4 video. Either way, the course procedure is the same.
The Course Process:
- Read the manual and review the video.
- Complete the workbook (15 pages); answering questions based on your interpretation of the book and video, along with your own experiences.
- Submit the completed workbook by mail or email. Your answers are reviewed for effort and thoughtfulness. There is no "right or wrong". If accepted, you are given the approval to take your final exam through CTS. Contact CTS with your approval number and schedule the exam for a time of your choosing.
- The exam includes 28 multiple choice questions over 35 minutes with a passing grade of 75%. It is given online in your own home by a remote proctor. (A camera and microphone on your desktop or laptop are needed.) The proctor will insure that you are alone in your room and begin the exam. When finished you will immediately see your grade.
- If passed; Congratulations. Your accomplishment will be registered and you will receive a printable certificate from CTS.
- If you fail, you will be offered a retest directly by CTS. A retest fee is $125 (a repeat of the workbook is not necessary).
For Training Managers:
Training managers are encouraged to consider this standard course for all technical staff. To discuss variations of this program to suit your company, please call (970) 726-5111 for more information or email email@example.com
Same Day Shipping
Orders placed before 2 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST) Monday-Friday (except holidays) are shipped out the same day. FedEx Overnight, 2nd Day, and Express Saver requests must be placed by 1 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST) for same day shipping.
Shipping Within the USA
- Standard shipping options for all U.S. addresses are your choice of FedEx Ground, FedEx Express, and U.S. Postal Priority Mail.
- Free Shipping in Continental US on retail orders over $150 is by standard mail (USPS) for residences and FedEx Ground for commercial addresses. Free shipping does not apply to wholesale orders.
US Shipping Methods
- FedEx Ground is a fully traceable and fully insured service with times and costs about the same as Priority Mail. We recommend FedEx Ground for all shipments so your package will arrive on a timelier basis and in good condition.
- FedEx Overnight, 2nd Day and Express Saver requests must be placed by 1 PM Mountain Standard Time for same day shipping. As with all FedEx services, it is fully traceable, insured, and will arrive on a timely basis in the best packaging available.
FedEx Service Explanations
- Standard Overnight delivers the next business day (Mon-Fri, except holidays and weekends) at the time of day when your FedEx driver normally serves your shipping address.
- 2nd Day Service is also measured in business days. For example, an order placed on Thursday will arrive on Monday, and an order placed on Friday will arrive on Tuesday.
- Exceptions and delays: FedEx provides reliable on time service (far better than the post office). However, as all transportation is subject to delay due to weather or other factors, neither FedEx nor ATB can absolutely guarantee on time delivery of any package.
- Priority Mail is just a little bit more predictable than standard mail. Typical shipping times are 3-4 days to the west coast or midwest, and 5-6 days to the east coast. However, if it does not arrive on time there is nothing we can do about it.
- Other shipping methods are available upon request. Please note your request on the comments section of the checkout form or give us a call.
- Your order may be shipped on your own FedEx account. Please note your request on the comments section of the checkout form or give us a call.
- APO and FPO military addresses are considered US addresses regardless of the country in which you serve. Please enter United States as your country and your APO/FPO zip code in that box.
- Standard International shipping options and costs are displayed on the checkout page once you have entered your order. Please note that many countries charge various taxes and duties when you receive your order. These taxes are NOT determined or collected by us and so are NOT included with your shipping total at time of checkout. If your shipment can be marked in some way to help with these matters, please let us know in the "comments" box of the checkout page. If you do not pay the duties and taxes associated with your order or refuse your package for any reason, we will not be able to refund the cost of shipping to your location and the cost to return the order to our warehouse.
- We strongly recommend FedEx for all international shipping. Choosing FedEx shipping is the only way to guarantee your order will be successfully delivered.
- Freight Forwarders are a safe and economical method of shipping larger orders (over 50 kg). If you do not currently use a freight forwarder, please ask us to recommend one which serves your area.
- If you would like your package marked in a specific way to help it clear your country's customs, please note your request in the comments section of the checkout form.