Analytical and Strategic Troubleshooting System in Aviation Maintenance speaks to both the maintenance organization and maintenance technician with a comprehensive description of a troubleshooting process that is transferable to any aircraft type or system. The defined stepped process sets a foundation to ensure efficient and effective troubleshooting while identifying benefits both technically and commercially.
- The Impact of Troubleshooting
- Common Shortcomings and Errors in Troubleshooting
- Documentation and Communication
- Using History
- Methods and Techniques
- Writing Troubleshooting Steps
- From the Toolbox
- Implementing Troubleshooting Systems
- Case Study 1 - Hydraulic Pressure Loss
- Case Study 2 - B727 Flap Asymmetry
From the Author:
In the volatile aviation industry, with generally low airfare pricing (freight or passenger) and high operating cost from fuel, labor and maintenance, operators as well as maintenance providers are seeking ways to reduce costs and increase reliability and utilization. One of the costs associated with aircraft which can carry significant incurred cost along with its direct costs is aircraft defect rectification. To increase reliability as well as utilization while reducing or avoiding these costs, the industry understands the need for a skilled pool of technicians to perform efficiently and effectively in rectifying the defects at hand.
The industry has also experienced a noticeable decline in the pool of skilled technicians as well as the quality of these skilled technicians due to a number of contributing factors. Technicians alike are looking for ways to improve their skills for career advancement and personal employment marketability within the industry, as well as for personal fulfillment. It is for these reasons that I developed and wrote the Analytical and Strategic Troubleshooting System In Aircraft Maintenance for both the technician and the maintenance organization. I hope that both the technicians and the maintenance organizations find the following chapters of great benefit in improving skills and operating efficiencies.
Same Day Shipping
Orders placed before 2 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST) Monday-Friday (except holidays) are shipped out the same day. FedEx Overnight, 2nd Day, and Express Saver requests must be placed by 1 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST) for same day shipping.
Shipping Within the USA
- Standard shipping options for all U.S. addresses are your choice of FedEx Ground, FedEx Express, U.S. Postal Media Mail and U.S. Postal Priority Mail.
- Free Shipping in Continental US on retail orders over $95 is by standard mail (USPS) for residences and FedEx Ground for commercial addresses. Free shipping does not apply to wholesale orders.
US Shipping Methods
- FedEx Ground is a fully traceable and fully insured service with times and costs about the same as Priority Mail. We recommend FedEx Ground for all shipments so your package will arrive on a timelier basis and in good condition.
- FedEx Overnight, 2nd Day and Express Saver requests must be placed by 1 PM Mountain Standard Time for same day shipping. As with all FedEx services, it is fully traceable, insured, and will arrive on a timely basis in the best packaging available.
FedEx Service Explanations
- Standard Overnight delivers the next business day (Mon-Fri, except holidays and weekends) at the time of day when your FedEx driver normally serves your shipping address.
- Priority Overnight delivers before noon by adjusting the driver's normal route to insure early delivery. Because Priority Overnight is not available everywhere, we do not list it in the standard choices. If you require early morning delivery, please call or email before noon (MST) so we can confirm its availability in your area.
- Saturday Delivery is a special option for overnight orders placed on Fridays. Because Saturday service is not available everywhere, we do not list in the standard choices. If you require Saturday delivery, please call or email before noon on Friday (MST) so that we may confirm its availability in your area.
- 2nd Day Service is also measured in business days. Thus an order placed on Thursday will arrive on Monday, and an order placed on Friday will arrive on Tuesday.
- Exceptions and delays: Almost always, FedEx provides reliable on-time service (far better than the post office). However as all transportation is subject to delay due to weather or other factors, neither FedEx nor ATB can absolutely guarantee on time delivery of any package.
- Media Mail is very unpredictable. We've seen mail packages cross the country in 2 days and other take 2 weeks to cross town. Postal shipments are untrackable and uninsurable (regardless of what the post office says). Do not choose media mail if you are in a rush. You may get lucky, but if it doesn't arrive as soon as you expect there is nothing we can do about it.
- Priority Mail is just a little bit more predictable than standard mail. Typical shipping times are 3-4 days to the west coast or mid-west, and 5-6 days to the east coast. However as it is still untrackable and uninsurable (regardless of what the post office says); if it does not arrive on time there is nothing we can do about it.
- Other shipping methods are available upon request. Please note your request on the comments section of the checkout form or give us a call.
- Your order may be shipped on your own FedEx account. Please note your request on the comments section of the checkout formor give us a call.
- APO and FPO military addresses are considered US addresses regardless of the country in which you serve. Please enter United States as your country and your APO/FPO zip code in that box.
- Standard International shipping options and costs are displayed on the checkout page once you have entered your order. Please note that many countries charge various taxes and duties when you receive your order. These taxes are NOT determined or collected by us and so are NOT included with your shipping total at time of checkout. If your shipment can be marked in some way to help with these matters, please let us know in the "comments" box of the checkout page. If you do not pay the duties and taxes associated with your order or refuse your package for any reason, we will not be able to refund the cost of shipping to your location and the cost to return the order to our warehouse.
- We strongly recommend FedEx for all international shipping. Choosing FedEx shipping is the only way to guarantee your order will be successfully delivered. International postal shipments are NOT trackable or insurable and so the successful delivery of your order can not be guaranteed. If your international postal shipment does not arrive or is damaged enroute there is nothing we can do about it. You would have lost your money. Aircraft Technical Book Company WILL NOT replace merchandise lost or damaged in the international postal system! Orders over $200 which are paid by credit card can not ship postal. If you want your large order to ship postal it must be paid for by wire transfer, check or money order (see payment options).
- Freight Forwarders are a safe and economical method of shipping larger orders (over 50 kg). If you do not currently use a freight forwarder, please ask us to recommend one which serves your area.
- Your order may be shipped on your own FedEx account. Please note your request on the comments section of the checkout form or give us a call.
- If you would like your package marked in a specific way to help it clear your country's customs, please note your request in the comments section of the checkout form.