Helicopter Aerodynamics, Structures, and Systems is a complete and modern textbook developed to international (B1.3 / B1.4) standards for the helicopter technician and engineer. As with all ATB modules, this too matches all requirements of EASA Part 66 including its content, sequence, and the required learning levels (L1, 2, or 3) needed for an approved Part 147 helicopter maintenance technician program.
The systems covered in this book, go far beyond just rotor and flight controls. All relevant helicopter systems, organized by ATA chapter, are described in depth with an emphasis on its unique functions and how they pertain too and differ with helicopters.
- Rotary Wing Aerodynamics
- Flight Control Systems
- Blade Tracking and Vibration Analysis
- Airframe Structures
- Air Conditioning ATA 21
- Instrument Systems ATA 31
- Avionics Systems ATA 22, 23, 24
- Electrical Power ATA 24
- Equipment and Furnishing ATA 25
- Fire Protection ATA 26
- Fuel Systems ATA 28
- Hydraulic Power ATA 29
- Ice and Rain Protection ATA 30
- Landing Gear ATA 32
- Lights ATA 33
- Pneumatic and Vacuum Systems ATA 36
- Integrated Modular Avionics ATA 42
- On Board Maintenance Systems ATA 45
- Information Systems ATA 46
(click look inside above for the complete table of contents and other sample pages)
Each topic is explained with understandable text and exceptional full-color illustrations with step-by-step detail. You will learn by understanding each concept and how and why each is useful in the day-to-day tasks of the aircraft technician in the aviation maintenance environment. For FAA A&P students, all required topics are covered, however at the higher level of proficiency that the EASA licenses require.
Module Editions and Updates
ATB EASA Modules are in a constant state of review for quality, regulatory updates, and new technologies. This book's edition is given in the revision log above. Update notices will be available Online at Module Revisions Page If you would like to be notified when changes occur, please join our mailing list at www.actechbooks.com
For schools considering the adoption of ATB modules as your primary student notes, we offer various additional services including projectable image banks, examination question databases, and generous additional support for instructors and for your requirements for your national authority.
Same Day Shipping
Orders placed before 2 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST) Monday-Friday (except holidays) are shipped out the same day. FedEx Overnight, 2nd Day, and Express Saver requests must be placed by 1 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST) for same day shipping.
Shipping Within the USA
- Standard shipping options for all U.S. addresses are your choice of FedEx Ground, FedEx Express, and U.S. Postal Priority Mail.
- Free Shipping in Continental US on retail orders over $95 is by standard mail (USPS) for residences and FedEx Ground for commercial addresses. Free shipping does not apply to wholesale orders.
US Shipping Methods
- FedEx Ground is a fully traceable and fully insured service with times and costs about the same as Priority Mail. We recommend FedEx Ground for all shipments so your package will arrive on a timelier basis and in good condition.
- FedEx Overnight, 2nd Day and Express Saver requests must be placed by 1 PM Mountain Standard Time for same day shipping. As with all FedEx services, it is fully traceable, insured, and will arrive on a timely basis in the best packaging available.
FedEx Service Explanations
- Standard Overnight delivers the next business day (Mon-Fri, except holidays and weekends) at the time of day when your FedEx driver normally serves your shipping address.
- 2nd Day Service is also measured in business days. For example, an order placed on Thursday will arrive on Monday, and an order placed on Friday will arrive on Tuesday.
- Exceptions and delays: FedEx provides reliable on time service (far better than the post office). However, as all transportation is subject to delay due to weather or other factors, neither FedEx nor ATB can absolutely guarantee on time delivery of any package.
- Priority Mail is just a little bit more predictable than standard mail. Typical shipping times are 3-4 days to the West Coast or Midwest, and 5-6 days to the East Coast. However, if it does not arrive on time there is nothing we can do about it.
- Other shipping methods are available upon request. Please note your request on the comments section of the checkout form or give us a call.
- Your order may be shipped on your own FedEx account. Please note your request on the comments section of the checkout form or give us a call.
- APO and FPO military addresses are considered US addresses regardless of the country in which you serve. Please enter United States as your country and your APO/FPO zip code in that box.
- Standard International shipping options and costs are displayed on the checkout page once you have entered your order. Please note that many countries charge various taxes and duties when you receive your order. These taxes are NOT determined or collected by us and so are NOT included with your shipping total at time of checkout. If your shipment can be marked in some way to help with these matters, please let us know in the "comments" box of the checkout page. If you do not pay the duties and taxes associated with your order or refuse your package for any reason, we will not be able to refund the cost of shipping to your location and the cost to return the order to our warehouse.
- We strongly recommend FedEx for all international shipping. Choosing FedEx shipping is the only way to guarantee your order will be successfully delivered.
- Freight Forwarders are a safe and economical method of shipping larger orders (over 50 kg). If you do not currently use a freight forwarder, please ask us to recommend one which serves your area.
- If you would like your package marked in a specific way to help it clear your country's customs, please note your request in the comments section of the checkout form.
Featured positive reviews:
Module 12 HELICOPTER
Great to have current AMT Certification Series training publications & E books available. I am away down the bottom of the world in little old New Zealand. I have sourced most of my aviation engineering training manuals from the Aircraft Technical Book Co for a number of years, and they have always been friendly, professional and prompt with provision and dispatch of the fine line of product. Thankyou team. Kindest regards, Bob Jelley