Test Guides are a great help to your learning experience. They are an excellent way to review the material learned in the classroom and/or from the various textbooks. ATB Test Guides include sample questions along with answers, detailed explanations, and page references to that topic in the 8083 General, Airframe, and Powerplant textbooks. Use them to verify your knowledge of each topic and/or to practice for the FAA exams.
In addition to the multiple choice written questions, ATB Test guides also include practice oral questions including their recommended answers, and sample practical projects you will be asked to perform. The current Airmen’s Certification Standards (ACS) is also included in each ATB Test Guide.
What makes ATB Test Guides different?
- The ATB General Test Guide is specifically designed to work with the FAA H-8083-30A Handbook which is the actual source of all FAA questions, including page by page references for each question within the Handbook.
- ATB Test Guides place answers and explanations on the opposite page side, and so out of sight as you consider the question and so providing a better study experience.
- ATB Test Guides are formatted with an uncluttered page layout, and so offer a more relaxing learning experience. (and resulting in a physically larger book than other available test guides)
- Test Guide eBooks are offered as simple .pdf files, and so not requiring any type of additional secured reader download. All .pdf functions such as bookmarking, note taking, highlighting, and printing are readily available.
What is Skyprep?
Skyprep is our optional online website allowing you to review and answer questions on your computer, just as they will be in the actual FAA exams. When subscribed, you may choose from reviewing all questions in random order, questions by topic, or to take a realistic 60 or 100 question practice exam. After each session, results are given with correct answers and explanations plus page by page reference to the 8083 Handbooks. A Skyprep subscription allows unlimited access for 2 full years beginning with your first time login. Skyprep is available to purchase together with each Test Guide (at a substantial discount) or as a standalone product by itself.
- ATB Test Guides are organized by chapter to match the 8083 Handbooks and so follow your instructional syllabus.
- ATB offers full instructor's support for the FAA H-8083 A&P series; including these matching test guides, workbooks, and image banks for instructors who teach with this set.
Same Day Shipping
Orders placed before 2 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST) Monday-Friday (except holidays) are shipped out the same day. FedEx Overnight, 2nd Day, and Express Saver requests must be placed by 1 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST) for same day shipping.
Shipping Within the USA
- Standard shipping options for all U.S. addresses are your choice of FedEx Ground, FedEx Express, and U.S. Postal Priority Mail.
- Free Shipping in Continental US on retail orders over $150 is by standard mail (USPS) for residences and FedEx Ground for commercial addresses. Free shipping does not apply to wholesale orders.
US Shipping Methods
- FedEx Ground is a fully traceable and fully insured service with times and costs about the same as Priority Mail. We recommend FedEx Ground for all shipments so your package will arrive on a timelier basis and in good condition.
- FedEx Overnight, 2nd Day and Express Saver requests must be placed by 1 PM Mountain Standard Time for same day shipping. As with all FedEx services, it is fully traceable, insured, and will arrive on a timely basis in the best packaging available.
FedEx Service Explanations
- Standard Overnight delivers the next business day (Mon-Fri, except holidays and weekends) at the time of day when your FedEx driver normally serves your shipping address.
- 2nd Day Service is also measured in business days. For example, an order placed on Thursday will arrive on Monday, and an order placed on Friday will arrive on Tuesday.
- Exceptions and delays: FedEx provides reliable on time service (far better than the post office). However, as all transportation is subject to delay due to weather or other factors, neither FedEx nor ATB can absolutely guarantee on time delivery of any package.
- Priority Mail is just a little bit more predictable than standard mail. Typical shipping times are 3-4 days to the west coast or midwest, and 5-6 days to the east coast. However, if it does not arrive on time there is nothing we can do about it.
- Other shipping methods are available upon request. Please note your request on the comments section of the checkout form or give us a call.
- Your order may be shipped on your own FedEx account. Please note your request on the comments section of the checkout form or give us a call.
- APO and FPO military addresses are considered US addresses regardless of the country in which you serve. Please enter United States as your country and your APO/FPO zip code in that box.
- Standard International shipping options and costs are displayed on the checkout page once you have entered your order. Please note that many countries charge various taxes and duties when you receive your order. These taxes are NOT determined or collected by us and so are NOT included with your shipping total at time of checkout. If your shipment can be marked in some way to help with these matters, please let us know in the "comments" box of the checkout page. If you do not pay the duties and taxes associated with your order or refuse your package for any reason, we will not be able to refund the cost of shipping to your location and the cost to return the order to our warehouse.
- We strongly recommend FedEx for all international shipping. Choosing FedEx shipping is the only way to guarantee your order will be successfully delivered.
- Freight Forwarders are a safe and economical method of shipping larger orders (over 50 kg). If you do not currently use a freight forwarder, please ask us to recommend one which serves your area.
- If you would like your package marked in a specific way to help it clear your country's customs, please note your request in the comments section of the checkout form.