As with all ATB EASA modules, Piston Engines strictly matches the requirements of Part 66 including its content, sequence, and the required learning levels (L1, 2, or 3) needed for an approved B1 mechanic maintenance technician program, and is so approved by many national authorities as a part of the training programs of Part 147 schools within their jurisdiction.
As prescribed in Part 66 Appendix 1, the topics are divided in 13 sections:
- Piston Engine Fundamentals (L2)
- Engine Performance (L2)
- Engine Construction (L2)
- Fuel Systems (L2)
- Starting and Ignition Systems (L2)
- Induction, Exhaust, and Cooling Systems (L2)
- Supercharging and Turbocharging Systems (L2)
- Lubricants and Fuels (L2)
- Lubrication Systems (L2)
- Engine Indicating Systems (L2)
- Powerplant Installation (L2)
- Engine Monitoring and Ground Operations (L2)
- Engine Storage and Preservation (L2)
Complete table of contents is included with the Look Inside link above.
Each topic is explained with understandable text and exceptional full-color illustrations in step-by-step detail. You will learn by understanding concepts and how and why each skill is useful in the day-to-day tasks of the aircraft technician in the aviation maintenance environment. For FAA A&P students, all required topics are covered, however to the somewhat higher level of proficiency as the EASA licenses require.
Module Editions and Updates
ATB EASA Modules are in a constant state of review for quality, regulatory updates, and new technologies. This book's edition is given in the revision log above. Update notices will be available Online at Module Revisions Page If you would like to be notified when changes occur, please join our mailing list at www.actechbooks.com
For schools considering the adoption of ATB modules as your primary student notes, we offer various additional services including projectable image banks, examination question databases, and generous additional support for instructors and your requirements for competent authorities.
How To Get And Use Your eBook
When you order an eBook, whether Unsecure or Secure, you will receive an email confirmation containing the purchase details and eBook file. If you have a Secure eBook, you will receive a second email with your eBook viewer and license from firstname.lastname@example.org If you do not receive this email within a couple of minutes, first check your spam folder. If you can't find the email give us a call (970.726.5111) or send us an email (email@example.com) we are more than happy to help. Once you receive the email, follow the easy install instructions below or visit our FAQ page.
Secured eBooks are offered through a system called Safeguard Viewer which makes protected eBooks easier to read and view. The Safeguard Viewer application is compatible with Windows, Android, macOS and iOS devices. Visit this LINK
to get the Safeguard Viewer application. The Safeguard Viewer PDC files include all the familiar features found in standard PDFs. Our eBooks are authorized to use on up to six (6) supported devices. Your files are authorized to you and can be viewed online or offline. Secured PDCs may be used on any device that supports the Safeguard Viewer application The download process is three (3) easy steps:
- Install the Safeguard Viewer application found in your second email from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download your license from that same second email. Note: A license is only needed once, if you lost your license, or change emails address, send us your email and order number and we will resend your license to download right away. Also, you will need to be online the first time you open your eBook, so your license can be authorized.)
- Open and enjoy your new eBooks and experience. Please let us know if you have any issues-anytime! email@example.com
If the eBook is Unsecured, it is a standard PDF viewable by any PDF reader application. In the event you don't have a default PDF reader, visit https://get.adobe.com/reader to get a FREE PDF reader. Unsecured PDFs have no restrictions and may be used on any device that supports PDFs.
Secure (PDC) or Unsecure (PDF) eBooks?
Whether a title is Secure or Unsecured is the decision of the book(s) author. We do not give permission to unlock any Secure file(s) for any reason. Secure files are viewable with our Safeguard Viewer application which can be installed on any Windows, Android, macOS or iOS device. Visit this LINK to get the Safeguard Viewer app.
Same Day Shipping
Orders placed before 2 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST) Monday-Friday (except holidays) are shipped out the same day. FedEx Overnight, 2nd Day, and Express Saver requests must be placed by 1 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST) for same day shipping.
Shipping Within the USA
- Standard shipping options for all U.S. addresses are your choice of FedEx Ground, FedEx Express, and U.S. Postal Priority Mail.
- Free Shipping in Continental US on retail orders over $95 is by standard mail (USPS) for residences and FedEx Ground for commercial addresses. Free shipping does not apply to wholesale orders.
US Shipping Methods
- FedEx Ground is a fully traceable and fully insured service with times and costs about the same as Priority Mail. We recommend FedEx Ground for all shipments so your package will arrive on a timelier basis and in good condition.
- FedEx Overnight, 2nd Day and Express Saver requests must be placed by 1 PM Mountain Standard Time for same day shipping. As with all FedEx services, it is fully traceable, insured, and will arrive on a timely basis in the best packaging available.
FedEx Service Explanations
- Standard Overnight delivers the next business day (Mon-Fri, except holidays and weekends) at the time of day when your FedEx driver normally serves your shipping address.
- 2nd Day Service is also measured in business days. For example, an order placed on Thursday will arrive on Monday, and an order placed on Friday will arrive on Tuesday.
- Exceptions and delays: FedEx provides reliable on time service (far better than the post office). However, as all transportation is subject to delay due to weather or other factors, neither FedEx nor ATB can absolutely guarantee on time delivery of any package.
- Priority Mail is just a little bit more predictable than standard mail. Typical shipping times are 3-4 days to the West Coast or Midwest, and 5-6 days to the East Coast. However, if it does not arrive on time there is nothing we can do about it.
- Other shipping methods are available upon request. Please note your request on the comments section of the checkout form or give us a call.
- Your order may be shipped on your own FedEx account. Please note your request on the comments section of the checkout form or give us a call.
- APO and FPO military addresses are considered US addresses regardless of the country in which you serve. Please enter United States as your country and your APO/FPO zip code in that box.
- Standard International shipping options and costs are displayed on the checkout page once you have entered your order. Please note that many countries charge various taxes and duties when you receive your order. These taxes are NOT determined or collected by us and so are NOT included with your shipping total at time of checkout. If your shipment can be marked in some way to help with these matters, please let us know in the "comments" box of the checkout page. If you do not pay the duties and taxes associated with your order or refuse your package for any reason, we will not be able to refund the cost of shipping to your location and the cost to return the order to our warehouse.
- We strongly recommend FedEx for all international shipping. Choosing FedEx shipping is the only way to guarantee your order will be successfully delivered.
- Freight Forwarders are a safe and economical method of shipping larger orders (over 50 kg). If you do not currently use a freight forwarder, please ask us to recommend one which serves your area.
- If you would like your package marked in a specific way to help it clear your country's customs, please note your request in the comments section of the checkout form.