Test Guides are a great help to your learning experience. They are an excellent way to review the material learned in the classroom and/or from the various textbooks. ATB Test Guides include sample test questions along with answers, detailed explanations, and page references to that topic in the 8083-B General, Airframe, and Powerplant Handbooks. Use them to verify your knowledge of each topic and to prepare for the FAA exams.
In addition to the multiple choice written questions, ATB Test Guides also include practice oral questions including their recommended answers, and sample practical projects you will be asked to perform. The current Airmen’s Certification Standards (ACS) reference is also included in each ATB Test Guide.
A Better Test Guide
- ATB Test Guides are formatted to match the FAA H-8083 (30, 31, and 32)-B Handbooks which are the actual source of all FAA exam questions. Each Handbook chapter is matched to a Test Guide chapter. Page by page references for each question’s topic in the Handbook are given.
- ATB Test Guides provide answers and explanations on the opposite page side. This paces them out of sight as you consider the question, so providing a better study experience.
- ATB Test Guides are formatted with an uncluttered page layout, and so offering a more relaxing learning experience.
- ATB Test Guide ebooks are offered as simple .pdf files and so not requiring any type of secured reader. All .pdf functions such as bookmarking, highlighting, note taking and printing are readily available.
Changes for 2024
- The goal of a Test Guide is to provide questions just a little bit more difficult than the actual FAA exam. Our annual question analysis based on Skyprep results helps identify questions not meeting those standards. Approximately 200 questions were revised or replaced in 2024 to better meet that standard.
- New questions have been added to cover new topics now in the 8083-B editions.
- ACS reference codes replaced the now obsolete AMG,AMA, and AMP codes.
What is SkyPrep?
Skyprep is an online version of the Test Guide, allowing you to practice questions in the same way as with your actual FAA exams. Choose random questions, questions of a specific topic, or take a simulated timed FAA exam. It is the perfect supplement to the Test Guide to prepare for your final exams. See about Skyprep HERE.
How To Get And Use Your eBook
When you order an eBook, whether Unsecure or Secure, you will receive an email confirmation containing the purchase details and eBook file. If you have a Secure eBook, you will receive a second email with your eBook viewer and license from email@example.com If you do not receive this email within a couple of minutes, first check your spam folder. If you can't find the email give us a call (970.726.5111) or send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) we are more than happy to help. Once you receive the email, follow the easy install instructions below or visit our FAQ page.
Secured eBooks are offered through a system called Safeguard Viewer which makes protected eBooks easier to read and view. The Safeguard Viewer application is compatible with Windows, Android, macOS and iOS devices. Visit this LINK
to get the Safeguard Viewer application. The Safeguard Viewer PDC files include all the familiar features found in standard PDFs. Our eBooks are authorized to use on up to six (6) supported devices. Your files are authorized to you and can be viewed online or offline. Secured PDCs may be used on any device that supports the Safeguard Viewer application The download process is three (3) easy steps:
- Install the Safeguard Viewer application found in your second email from email@example.com
- Download your license from that same second email. Note: A license is only needed once, if you lost your license, or change emails address, send us your email and order number and we will resend your license to download right away. Also, you will need to be online the first time you open your eBook, so your license can be authorized.)
- Open and enjoy your new eBooks and experience. Please let us know if you have any issues-anytime! firstname.lastname@example.org
If the eBook is Unsecured, it is a standard PDF viewable by any PDF reader application. In the event you don't have a default PDF reader, visit https://get.adobe.com/reader to get a FREE PDF reader. Unsecured PDFs have no restrictions and may be used on any device that supports PDFs.
Secure (PDC) or Unsecure (PDF) eBooks?
Whether a title is Secure or Unsecured is the decision of the book(s) author. We do not give permission to unlock any Secure file(s) for any reason. Secure files are viewable with our Safeguard Viewer application which can be installed on any Windows, Android, macOS or iOS device. Visit this LINK to get the Safeguard Viewer app.