Note that this book is highly technical and requires a good understanding of mathematics and engineering concepts.
From the Author’s Introduction
The book has been divided into four parts: the first one shows the basic content, and the second one describes the historical and technical progress of sailplane design and construction over a century. It is useful to have a look at the past in order to understand how slow progress and the factors affecting it are; it helps us to imagine the future better and to improve the actual state of the art. The third part is intended to show us how to proceed in order to calculate the various sailplane parts, according to the EASA CS 22 rules; it is an introduction to a possible future project. The fourth part deals with the basic structural calculations to be made in order to complete a project.
Topics covered include:
- Sample sailplane drawing and calculation list.
- Sample sailplane data.
- Fuselage wetted surface area.
- Polar calculation.
- Polar with airbrakes open.
- V-N diagrams.
- Gust envelope determination.
- Tow speed.
- Lift distribution. Shrenk’s method.
- Mass forces determination and distribution.
- Wing torsion.
- MT variation due to wing “p” and “q”.
- Wing torsion design consideration.
- Wing torsion due to aileron maneuver.
- Aileron loads.
- Airbrakes loads.
- Wing fitting loads.
- MAC and MGC calculations.
- Sailplane weights and pitching moment of inertia.
- The pitching moment of inertia and Jg calculation.
- Inertia moments about the three axes: x, y, z.
- CG excursion.
- Horizontal tail loads BCR-e rules.
- Horizontal tail loads.
- Horizontal tail gust loads maneuver.
- Horizontal tail asymmetric loads.
- Vertical tail loads due to the rudder rotation.
- Vertical tail loads yaw loads.
- Fin supplementary loads.
- Control loads.
- Fuselage loads.
- Static stability.
- Analysis of the controls.
- Landing gears.
How To Get And Use Your eBook
When you order an eBook, whether Unsecure or Secure, you will receive an email confirmation containing the purchase details and eBook file. If you have a Secure eBook, you will receive a second email with your eBook viewer and license from firstname.lastname@example.org If you do not receive this email within a couple of minutes, first check your spam folder. If you can't find the email give us a call (970.726.5111) or send us an email (email@example.com) we are more than happy to help. Once you receive the email, follow the easy install instructions below or visit our FAQ page.
Secured eBooks are offered through a system called Safeguard Viewer which makes protected eBooks easier to read and view. The Safeguard Viewer application is compatible with Windows, Android, macOS and iOS devices. Visit this LINK
to get the Safeguard Viewer application. The Safeguard Viewer PDC files include all the familiar features found in standard PDFs. Our eBooks are authorized to use on up to six (6) supported devices. Your files are authorized to you and can be viewed online or offline. Secured PDCs may be used on any device that supports the Safeguard Viewer application The download process is three (3) easy steps:
- Install the Safeguard Viewer application found in your second email from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download your license from that same second email. Note: A license is only needed once, if you lost your license, or change emails address, send us your email and order number and we will resend your license to download right away. Also, you will need to be online the first time you open your eBook, so your license can be authorized.)
- Open and enjoy your new eBooks and experience. Please let us know if you have any issues-anytime! email@example.com
If the eBook is Unsecured, it is a standard PDF viewable by any PDF reader application. In the event you don't have a default PDF reader, visit https://get.adobe.com/reader to get a FREE PDF reader. Unsecured PDFs have no restrictions and may be used on any device that supports PDFs.
Secure (PDC) or Unsecure (PDF) eBooks?
Whether a title is Secure or Unsecured is the decision of the book(s) author. We do not give permission to unlock any Secure file(s) for any reason. Secure files are viewable with our Safeguard Viewer application which can be installed on any Windows, Android, macOS or iOS device. Visit this LINK to get the Safeguard Viewer app.