The purpose of this manual is to help in the explanation, visualization, and execution of the flight maneuvers required for the Commercial Pilot Practical Flight Test. Students preparing for their oral and flight tests will find this manual helpful. Any pilot preparing for a Biennial Flight Review (BFR), can use this manual as a refresher on maneuvers that you may not have executed in quite some time. Flight Instructor applicants and Certified Flight Instructors will find this manual a beneficial teaching aid.
The manual breaks down each maneuver required on the Commercial Pilot Practical Flight Test in six parts:
- FAA objective for the maneuver.
- FAA completion standards.
- General description of the maneuver.
- Detailed step by step textual description on how to execute the maneuver as recommended by the FAA.
- References to FAA publications where the information was compiled from.
- Detailed graphic profiles summarizing the procedure in a visual format.
Also included are airspeeds, pitch attitudes, bank angles, power settings and configurations for a Cessna 172P plus room to add the same information for up to three additional aircraft.
- Oral Subjects Such as Airworthiness, Weather, Survival Gear, etc.
- Preflight Procedures
- Takeoffs, Landings, Go-Arounds and Pattern Operations
- Performance Maneuvers
- Ground Reference Maneuvers
- Navigation IFR
- Slow Flight and Stalls
- Emergency Operations
- Post-Flight Procedures
Same Day Shipping
Orders placed before 2 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST) Monday-Friday (except holidays) are shipped out the same day. FedEx Overnight, 2nd Day, and Express Saver requests must be placed by 1 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST) for same day shipping.
Shipping Within the USA
- Standard shipping options for all U.S. addresses are your choice of FedEx Ground, FedEx Express, and U.S. Postal Priority Mail.
- Free Shipping in Continental US on retail orders over $150 is by standard mail (USPS) for residences and FedEx Ground for commercial addresses. Free shipping does not apply to wholesale orders.
US Shipping Methods
- FedEx Ground is a fully traceable and fully insured service with times and costs about the same as Priority Mail. We recommend FedEx Ground for all shipments so your package will arrive on a timelier basis and in good condition.
- FedEx Overnight, 2nd Day and Express Saver requests must be placed by 1 PM Mountain Standard Time for same day shipping. As with all FedEx services, it is fully traceable, insured, and will arrive on a timely basis in the best packaging available.
FedEx Service Explanations
- Standard Overnight delivers the next business day (Mon-Fri, except holidays and weekends) at the time of day when your FedEx driver normally serves your shipping address.
- 2nd Day Service is also measured in business days. For example, an order placed on Thursday will arrive on Monday, and an order placed on Friday will arrive on Tuesday.
- Exceptions and delays: FedEx provides reliable on time service (far better than the post office). However, as all transportation is subject to delay due to weather or other factors, neither FedEx nor ATB can absolutely guarantee on time delivery of any package.
- Priority Mail is just a little bit more predictable than standard mail. Typical shipping times are 3-4 days to the west coast or midwest, and 5-6 days to the east coast. However, if it does not arrive on time there is nothing we can do about it.
- Other shipping methods are available upon request. Please note your request on the comments section of the checkout form or give us a call.
- Your order may be shipped on your own FedEx account. Please note your request on the comments section of the checkout form or give us a call.
- APO and FPO military addresses are considered US addresses regardless of the country in which you serve. Please enter United States as your country and your APO/FPO zip code in that box.
- Standard International shipping options and costs are displayed on the checkout page once you have entered your order. Please note that many countries charge various taxes and duties when you receive your order. These taxes are NOT determined or collected by us and so are NOT included with your shipping total at time of checkout. If your shipment can be marked in some way to help with these matters, please let us know in the "comments" box of the checkout page. If you do not pay the duties and taxes associated with your order or refuse your package for any reason, we will not be able to refund the cost of shipping to your location and the cost to return the order to our warehouse.
- We strongly recommend FedEx for all international shipping. Choosing FedEx shipping is the only way to guarantee your order will be successfully delivered.
- Freight Forwarders are a safe and economical method of shipping larger orders (over 50 kg). If you do not currently use a freight forwarder, please ask us to recommend one which serves your area.
- If you would like your package marked in a specific way to help it clear your country's customs, please note your request in the comments section of the checkout form.