Note: Those wishing to enroll in the course must purchase both a set of manuals and the certification course. The certification course is purchased separately from the manuals.
This General Familiarization manual is an overview of the Boeing 757 aircraft with P&W 2000 and Rolls Royce RB-211 engines as outlined in the systems description section of the Aircraft Maintenance Manual. It is both an economical and efficient tool for new hires within base and line operations, for periodic review, and for interview preparation by those seeking employment.
AeroEd manuals and self-paced courses provide a technical overview of each system, including component location, operation, and maintenance needs, plus all cockpit and remote interfaces based on ATA 100 format and ATA 104 Level requirements.
Sections Covered Include:
- ATA 06 - General Overview
- ATA 21 - Air Conditioning, Pressurization, Cooling
- ATA 24 - Electrical Power Systems
- ATA 26 - Fire and Smoke Protection Systems
- ATA 27 - Flight Control Systems
- ATA 28 - Fuel Systems
- ATA 29 - Hydraulic Systems
- ATA 30 - De-icing and Rain Protection Systems
- ATA 32 - Landing Gear, Wheels and Brakes, Steering
- ATA 35 - Crew and Cabin Oxygen
- ATA 36 - Pneumatic Control Systems
- ATA 38 - Water and Waste Systems
- ATA 49 - Auxiliary Power Systems
- ATA 52 - Passenger and Cargo Doors
- ATA 71-80 - Engine Systems
THE CERTIFICATION COURSE
Certification packages are purchased through Aircraft Technical Book Company and conducted by AeroEd. The package includes instructor guidance plus a series of chapter exams and a final exam given by email. An AeroEd instructor is available to answer questions or explain any system which you find unclear. Chapter tests may be taken on your schedule as you feel you are ready for each. There is no time limit between chapter tests or prior to the final exam
Upon completion of course, you will be able to:
- Identify safety precautions related to the airframe, its systems, and powerplant.
- Identify maintenance practices important to the airframe, its systems, and powerplant.
- Define the layout of each of the aircraft’s major systems.
- Define the layout and characteristics of the powerplant.
- Identify special tooling and test equipment used with the aircraft.
Upon enrolling, your name and authorization will be submitted to AeroEd. Your AeroEd instructor will contact you by email within one business day to introduce himself and get you started.
Upon completion (passing of the final exam), a certificate will be issued by AeroEd along with 40 AMT Awards Points given through the FAA FAAST program.
For any questions about the manuals or the AeroEd certification package, please call 1.970.726.5111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Same Day Shipping
Orders placed before 2 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST) Monday-Friday (except holidays) are shipped out the same day. FedEx Overnight, 2nd Day, and Express Saver requests must be placed by 1 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST) for same day shipping.
Shipping Within the USA
- Standard shipping options for all U.S. addresses are your choice of FedEx Ground, FedEx Express, and U.S. Postal Priority Mail.
- Free Shipping in Continental US on retail orders over $95 is by standard mail (USPS) for residences and FedEx Ground for commercial addresses. Free shipping does not apply to wholesale orders.
US Shipping Methods
- FedEx Ground is a fully traceable and fully insured service with times and costs about the same as Priority Mail. We recommend FedEx Ground for all shipments so your package will arrive on a timelier basis and in good condition.
- FedEx Overnight, 2nd Day and Express Saver requests must be placed by 1 PM Mountain Standard Time for same day shipping. As with all FedEx services, it is fully traceable, insured, and will arrive on a timely basis in the best packaging available.
FedEx Service Explanations
- Standard Overnight delivers the next business day (Mon-Fri, except holidays and weekends) at the time of day when your FedEx driver normally serves your shipping address.
- 2nd Day Service is also measured in business days. For example, an order placed on Thursday will arrive on Monday, and an order placed on Friday will arrive on Tuesday.
- Exceptions and delays: FedEx provides reliable on time service (far better than the post office). However, as all transportation is subject to delay due to weather or other factors, neither FedEx nor ATB can absolutely guarantee on time delivery of any package.
- Priority Mail is just a little bit more predictable than standard mail. Typical shipping times are 3-4 days to the west coast or midwest, and 5-6 days to the east coast. However, if it does not arrive on time there is nothing we can do about it.
- Other shipping methods are available upon request. Please note your request on the comments section of the checkout form or give us a call.
- Your order may be shipped on your own FedEx account. Please note your request on the comments section of the checkout form or give us a call.
- APO and FPO military addresses are considered US addresses regardless of the country in which you serve. Please enter United States as your country and your APO/FPO zip code in that box.
- Standard International shipping options and costs are displayed on the checkout page once you have entered your order. Please note that many countries charge various taxes and duties when you receive your order. These taxes are NOT determined or collected by us and so are NOT included with your shipping total at time of checkout. If your shipment can be marked in some way to help with these matters, please let us know in the "comments" box of the checkout page. If you do not pay the duties and taxes associated with your order or refuse your package for any reason, we will not be able to refund the cost of shipping to your location and the cost to return the order to our warehouse.
- We strongly recommend FedEx for all international shipping. Choosing FedEx shipping is the only way to guarantee your order will be successfully delivered.
- Freight Forwarders are a safe and economical method of shipping larger orders (over 50 kg). If you do not currently use a freight forwarder, please ask us to recommend one which serves your area.
- If you would like your package marked in a specific way to help it clear your country's customs, please note your request in the comments section of the checkout form.
Featured positive reviews:
757 Gen fam
again done in two days.