Find out how electronic circuits are used to amplify, transmit, receive, and detect signals; make decisions; or how they are combined with computers, controllers, and memories.
Basic Communications Electronics explains analog electronic devices and circuits - how they work and how they are used to build communications systems. Emphasis on semiconductor devices and Integrated Circuits (ICs). For anyone who wants to understand analog electronics and wireless communications. End-of-chapter quizzes and problem sets reinforce learning. Includes many worked-out examples and detailed illustrations within the text.
The Topics Include:
- Basic Communications Systems
- Analog System Functions
- Amplifiers and Oscillators
- Mixing and Heterodyning
- Receiving and Detection
- Transmission Links
- Analog Integrated Circuits
- Digital Signal Processing
I loved the way this book is organized and laid out. The diagrams are easy to read and follow. The slant of the book focuses on the communication aspects of electronics starting off with a definition of communications and explaining and surprisingly clear detail the definitions you will come across. A good refresher chapter covers Ohm's Law, transistor and FETs configurations and a real good section on couplings and their effects on the signal. Diagrams of the spectrum analyzer's screen is used to explain modulation with out getting technical. All the math is basic algebra with no calculus in sight. There's a page in chapter 4 that helps you in designing common emitter amplifiers. AM, FM, sideband is covered including standing wave ratio and antenna theory. I wish I had this book when I was learning radio communications in the military. It's only 200 pages but the information provided is enough to get the beginning student up to speed quickly. The author doesn't go much into TV but he does cover various line connections from waveguides to coaxial cables. I love this book!
Same Day Shipping
Orders placed before 2 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST) Monday-Friday (except holidays) are shipped out the same day. FedEx Overnight, 2nd Day, and Express Saver requests must be placed by 1 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST) for same day shipping.
Shipping Within the USA
- Standard shipping options for all U.S. addresses are your choice of FedEx Ground, FedEx Express, and U.S. Postal Priority Mail.
- Free Shipping in Continental US on retail orders over $150 is by standard mail (USPS) for residences and FedEx Ground for commercial addresses. Free shipping does not apply to wholesale orders.
US Shipping Methods
- FedEx Ground is a fully traceable and fully insured service with times and costs about the same as Priority Mail. We recommend FedEx Ground for all shipments so your package will arrive on a timelier basis and in good condition.
- FedEx Overnight, 2nd Day and Express Saver requests must be placed by 1 PM Mountain Standard Time for same day shipping. As with all FedEx services, it is fully traceable, insured, and will arrive on a timely basis in the best packaging available.
FedEx Service Explanations
- Standard Overnight delivers the next business day (Mon-Fri, except holidays and weekends) at the time of day when your FedEx driver normally serves your shipping address.
- 2nd Day Service is also measured in business days. For example, an order placed on Thursday will arrive on Monday, and an order placed on Friday will arrive on Tuesday.
- Exceptions and delays: FedEx provides reliable on time service (far better than the post office). However, as all transportation is subject to delay due to weather or other factors, neither FedEx nor ATB can absolutely guarantee on time delivery of any package.
- Priority Mail is just a little bit more predictable than standard mail. Typical shipping times are 3-4 days to the west coast or midwest, and 5-6 days to the east coast. However, if it does not arrive on time there is nothing we can do about it.
- Other shipping methods are available upon request. Please note your request on the comments section of the checkout form or give us a call.
- Your order may be shipped on your own FedEx account. Please note your request on the comments section of the checkout form or give us a call.
- APO and FPO military addresses are considered US addresses regardless of the country in which you serve. Please enter United States as your country and your APO/FPO zip code in that box.
- Standard International shipping options and costs are displayed on the checkout page once you have entered your order. Please note that many countries charge various taxes and duties when you receive your order. These taxes are NOT determined or collected by us and so are NOT included with your shipping total at time of checkout. If your shipment can be marked in some way to help with these matters, please let us know in the "comments" box of the checkout page. If you do not pay the duties and taxes associated with your order or refuse your package for any reason, we will not be able to refund the cost of shipping to your location and the cost to return the order to our warehouse.
- We strongly recommend FedEx for all international shipping. Choosing FedEx shipping is the only way to guarantee your order will be successfully delivered.
- Freight Forwarders are a safe and economical method of shipping larger orders (over 50 kg). If you do not currently use a freight forwarder, please ask us to recommend one which serves your area.
- If you would like your package marked in a specific way to help it clear your country's customs, please note your request in the comments section of the checkout form.