Kitplanes Magazine eBooks are the complete issues in electronic format which you may read on your computer or any other compatible viewing device.
eBook File Description:
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Builder Spotlight
- 6 Fixed Formation: The Bel-Aire 4000 flies on lower wings from a Piper PA-22 Colt and upper wings from a PA-12 Super Cruiser. By Scott M. Spangler.
- 14 UMA Instruments: Analog gauges still have a place in the digital era. By Don Maxwell.
- 22 Using Level Accelerations to Determine Climb Performance: A faster way to gather data over a wide range of conditions. By Nigel Speedy.
- 28 Time is Running Out! As the 2020 deadline gets closer, here’s what is happening on the ADS-B scene. By Dick Sunderland.
- 34 Titans of Tungsten: A visit to Midwest Tungsten Service. By Eric Stewart.
- 38 A Ground Loop Story: Sometimes stuff happens. By Luca Perazzolli.
- 46 Homebuilt Accidents—Pilot Error: The fault is not in the stars, but in ourselves. By Ron Wanttaja
- 50 A Wood Tailwheel Lift: Or how to save your achin’ back. By Sam Buchanan.
- 72 Ask the DAR : LSA weight increase, compass requirements, gyroplane DARs, E/A-B inspector eligibility. By Mel Asberry.
- Shop Talk
- 45 The Creative Homebuilder: Make your own beading tool. By KITPLANES® Staff.
- 54 Plane and Simple: Bleed like a pro! By Jon Croke.
- 60 Maintenance Matters: Oil pressure problems. By Dave Prizio.
- 64 Home Shop Machinist: Hold-downs. By Bob Hadley.
- 73 Aero ’Lectrics: Temperature trickery. By Jim Weir.
- Shop Tips
- 59 Paint Masking: By Larry Larson.
- Designer’s Notebook
- 76 Wind Tunnel: Design process—wing size and stall speed. By Barnaby Wainfan.
- 2 Editor’s Log: Point design. By Paul Dye.
- 56 Checkpoints: Progressive maintenance. By Vic Syracuse.
- 78 Rear Cockpit: Getting there. By Tom Wilson.
- Kit Bits
- 4 Letters
- 67 List of Advertisers
- 68 Builders’ Marketplace
- 80 Kit Stuff: Drawing on experience. By cartoonist Robrucha.
- ...from the 'KITPLANES Magazine' Category
- > Kitplanes MagazineAugust 2016
- > KITPLANES Fabric Series
- > 2016 Kitplanes MagazineBack Issues
- > Kitplanes MagazineApril 2017
- > Kitplanes MagazineDecember 2018
- > 2018 Kitplanes MagazineBack Issues
- > Kitplanes MagazineSept 2019
- > Kitplanes MagazineMarch 2019
- > Kitplanes MagazineJuly 2017
- > Kitplanes Magazine January 2016
- Pilot Ratings
- flight instructor
- unmanned systems
- CFI & FBO resources
- Flying Skills
- regulatory - flight
- VFR skills
- IFR & navigation
- professional skills
- communication / English
- sport flying
- aircraft systems and types
- operating handbooks
- avionics training
- flight safety
- A&P Training
- A&P text books
- A&P test aides
- A&P training kits
- training resources
- EASA Part 66 B1/B2
- EASA Part 66 CAT-A
- regulatory - A&Ps
- basic knowledge
- aircraft types and systems
- tools & hardware
- human factors - AMT