Airborne-Radar.Com is an online course, teaching the use of airborne weather radar. But it goes beyond this, teaching thunderstorm theory, hazards of thunderstorms, airborne radar theory, and airborne radar techniques. A Final Exam concludes the course, enabling the user to test their knowledge.
The effective use of airborne weather radar is essential to anyone flying radar-equipped aircraft. Numerous aircraft accidents have occurred due to flight crews' inadequate knowledge of thunderstorms and the use of radar. The goal of this online course is to provide the best radar training available, to make the pilot confident and knowledgeable about thunderstorm hazards.
Real, hands-on interactivity enable the user to move knobs, click buttons, and watch the results to provide the best radar training available. Full audio narration and quizzes make learning easy.
Tuition for this Airborne Radar course allows full access for up to one year from your initial visit and up to 5 viewing sessions per chapter. Additional chapter viewings may be purchased directly from the publisher for a minimal charge.
Airborne Radar Study Guide
In addition to the course, you'll receive a free print Airborne Radar Study Guide. Use this valuable tool to answer questions, write notes, and track your learning in your own words. Keep the Study Guide throughout your aviation career as a valuable reference. The enrollment instructions you receive upon ordering will include instructions on how to receive this booklet.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
•How to build a thunderstorm
•Degrees of thunderstorm severity
•Principles of radar
•Reflectivity of precipitation and objects
•Doppler capabilities/turbulence detection
•Attenuation and false readings
•Radar tops and beam filling
•Echoes to avoid
•Knowing you radar equipment
•Important notes about radar
•Preflight inspection and testing
•Printable documents from the FAA and NTSB
* Online access for "anywhere" use on PC or MAC
* 26 Training Modules
* 3.5 hours of training
* 260 instructional scenes including over 50 which are interactive
* 130 quiz questions
* 50 random questions Final Exam, databased tracked with printable results.
* Printable PDF safety documents from FAA and NTSB
* Colorful graphics depicting simulated radar displays.
* Easy point and click navigation.
* Full audio narration
Computer System Requirements:
* No plug-ins or software are required for playback other than a standard Flash Player which is likely already on your system.
* Operates on all Windows and Mac systems and tablet devices that support Flash player. (not for iPad or iPhone)
* Requires an internet connection.
- ...from the 'IFR & navigation' Category
- > The Instrument Landing System Explained
- > Airborne Navigation
- > Reviewing Techniques for Low Time IFR Pilots
- > IFR - A Structured Approach
- > Getting Around On The Ground
- > Flying The Beech Bonanza
- > Instrument Flying Update
- > Using Aeronautical Charts
- > Flying The Beech Bonanza
- > Flight Navigator Handbook
- Pilot Ratings
- flight instructor
- unmanned systems
- CFI & FBO resources
- Flying Skills
- regulatory - flight
- VFR skills
- IFR & navigation
- professional skills
- communication / English
- sport flying
- aircraft & systems
- operating handbooks
- avionics training
- flight safety
- A&P Training
- A&P text books
- A&P test aides
- A&P training kits
- professional resources
- instructor resources
- EASA Part 66