Kitplanes Magazine eBooks are the complete issues in electronic format which you may read on your computer or any other compatible viewing device.
eBook File Description:
standard pdf ebook
Windows, Macintosh, iPad, and more
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Flight Review
- 6 Get Radical! Murphy’s latest is all about fun. By Paul Dye.
- Builder Spotlight
- 16 Changing a Perfectly Good Airplane: Building a modified RANS S-9, part 1. By Michael Ryer and John Wells.
- 20 Landing Gear Guru: Robbie Grove of Grove Aircraft Landing Gear Systems. By Eric Stewart.
- 26 Static Port Location and Altitude Calibration: Often a challenge, accuracy depends on three things: location, location, location. By Reinhard Metz.
- 34 So You’d Like to Go Faster: Secrets for reducing drag, part 2. By Dave Anders.
- 42 Getting Your Plane Ready for the DA R: Common pitfalls and problems that builders face. By Dave Prizio.
- 48 Error Chain: The demise of the Cosmic Fish. By Lewis Bjork.
- 52 Build Your Own Leak-Down Tester: Converting a Harbor Freight compression tester for aircraft engine use. By Vince Homer.
- 64 Completions: Builders share their successes.
- 66 Ask the DAR: Phase I testing not completed, understanding operating limitations, non-TSO’d position lights. By Mel Asberry.
- Shop Talk
- 41 The Creative Homebuilder: Make your own specialty wrenches. By KITPLANES® Staff.
- 54 Plane and Simple: Removing blind rivets. By Jon Croke.
- 60 Home Shop Machinist: Spin class. By Bob Hadley.
- 75 Aero’Lectrics: So-lar, it’s been good to know you. By Jim Weir.
- 77 Unairworthy: Pitted wheel bearing cup. By Vic Syracuse.
- Shop Tip
- 40 Alodine Sluice: By Larry Larson.
- 59 Fuel Dips tick and Holder: By Noel Fallwell.
- 74 Clamp Stick: By David Paule.
- Designer’s Notebook
- 72 Wind Tunnel: Gyroplanes, part 5. By Barnaby Wainfan.
- 2 Editor’s Log: While I’m in here… By Paul Dye.
- 56 Checkpoints: Phase I maintenance. By Vic Syracuse.
- 78 Rear Cockpit: Fuel follies. By Tom Wilson.
- Kit Bits
- 4 Letters
- 67 List of Advertisers
- 68 Builders’ Marketplace
- 80 Kit Stuff: Drawing on experience. By cartoonist Robrucha.
- ...from the 'KITPLANES Magazine' Category
- > Kitplanes MagazineDecember 2016
- > Kitplanes MagazineApril 2017
- > Kitplanes MagazineSeptember 2017
- > Kitplanes MagazineFebruary 2018
- > Kitplanes MagazineMay 2018
- > Kitplanes MagazineAugust 2016
- > Kitplanes MagazineSeptember 2016
- > Kitplanes Magazine June 2016
- > Kitplanes MagazineOctober 2017
- > Kitplanes MagazineMay 2017
- Pilot Ratings
- flight instructor
- unmanned systems
- Flying Skills
- VFR skills
- IFR & navigation
- professional skills
- communication / English
- sport flying
- aircraft systems and types
- operating handbooks
- avionics training
- flight safety
- A&P Training
- A&P text books
- A&P test aides
- A&P training kits
- training resources
- EASA Part 66 B1/B2
- EASA Part 66 CAT-A
- regulatory - A&Ps
- basic knowledge
- aircraft types and systems
- tools & hardware
- human factors - AMT