A reprint of 10 Kitplanes Magazine articles by Ron Alexander explaining and demonstrating the techniques and procedures involved in working with fabric.
eBook File Description:
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Part 1: A bit of a history lesson.
- Part 2: Choosing the "right stuff" for your project.
- Part 3: Making a lasting attachment.
- Part 4: A calibrated iron is integral to the shrinking process.
- Part 5: We'll apply the first chemical coat and look at the rationale for rib-lacing.
- Part 6: Securing the fabric to the wings.
- Part 7: Application of finishing tapes is the next step in the covering process.
- Part 8: A further look at curved surfaces and how to deal with inspection rings, drain gromments and gussets.
- Part 9: Once you have your structures covered and the surfaces prepared, it's time to spray on the chemical coats.
- Part 10: Now that you have your first chemical coats applied, it's time to protect the fabric from the sun before applying color.
- ...from the 'KITPLANES Magazine' Category
- > Kitplanes MagazineFeb 2020
- > 2017 Kitplanes MagazineBack Issues
- > Kitplanes MagazineOctober 2016
- > Kitplanes MagazineAugust 2016
- > Kitplanes MagazineApril 2018
- > Kitplanes MagazineMarch 2017
- > Kitplanes MagazineApril 2020
- > Kitplanes MagazineAugust 2017
- > Kitplanes MagazineMay 2020
- > Kitplanes MagazineJuly 2020
- Pilot Ratings
- flight instructor
- unmanned systems
- Flying Skills
- VFR skills
- IFR & navigation
- professional skills
- communication / English
- sport flying
- aircraft systems and types
- operating handbooks
- avionics training
- flight safety
- A&P Training
- A&P text books
- A&P test aides
- A&P training kits
- training resources
- EASA Part 66 B1/B2
- EASA Part 66 CAT-A
- regulatory - A&Ps
- basic knowledge
- aircraft types and systems
- tools & hardware
- human factors - AMT