eBook File Description:
standard pdf ebook
Windows, Macintosh, iPad, and more
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Flight Reports
- 8 RANS S-7S Courier: Randy Schlitter and the gang continue to push and prod, tweak and improve this utility airplane;by Marc Cook.
- Builder Spotlight
- 18 Switch Blade: There’s a lot to like about Whirl Wind’s new scimitar prop blade for the Rotax; by Tom Wilson.
- 24 Firewall Forwar d: Choosing a Prop for Your Project: In a discussion of aero engines, there’s always time to talk prop; by Dave Prizio.
- 42 Unusual Attitude: Considerations when installing an alternative engine; by Patrick Panzera.
- 45 Build It Better: Where’s your margin? By Paul Dye.
- 48 Maintenance Matters : Cable classroom; by Steve Ells.
- 52 Completions: Builders share their successes.
- 53 Down to Earth: Just about every kit aircraft is custom;by Amy Laboda.
- 65 Free Flight: Anatomy of a modification; by Paul Dye.
- 74 Ask the DAR: Part 103, LSA and flight-test areas;by Mel Asberry.
- Shop Talk
- 78 Aero ’LectricS: The LED strip club, part 2; by Jim Weir.
- Designer’s Notebook
- 75 Wind Tunnel: A look at ducted fans; by Barnaby Wainfan.
- 2 Editor’s Log: Show season; by Mary Bernard.
- 5 What’s NeW: MGL’s small V6 com radio and the HXr EFIS from Grand Rapids Technologies; edited by Suzanne B. Bopp.
- 6 viewfindeR: Clarity on airworthiness directives for homebuilts? By Marc Cook.
- 32 Homebuilding Tools: A conceptual approach to building looks beyond mere physical tools; by Terry Edwards.
- 36 Inside KITPLANES®: Flight Review Procedures It’s a lot more than kick the tires and light the fires; by Marc Cook.
- 56 Alternative Energies: Solar-powered AC: big, slow and expensive; by Dean Sigler.
- 62 Light Stuff : Leveraging your fun; by Roy Beisswenger.
- Kit Bits
- 4 Letters
- 68 List of Advertisers
- 69 Builders’ Marketplace
- 80 Kit Stuff: Drawing on experience; by cartoonist Robrucha.
- ...from the 'KITPLANES Magazine' Category
- > Kitplanes MagazineSeptember 2017
- > Kitplanes MagazineDecember 2017
- > Kitplanes MagazineJuly 2017
- > Kitplanes Magazine May 2016
- > Kitplanes MagazineApril 2018
- > Kitplanes MagazineOctober 2016
- > 2018 Kitplanes MagazineBack Issues
- > KITPLANES Metal Series
- > Kitplanes MagazineSeptember 2016
- > Kitplanes MagazineJanuary 2018
- Pilot Ratings
- flight instructor
- unmanned systems
- CFI & FBO resources
- Flying Skills
- regulatory - flight
- VFR skills
- IFR & navigation
- professional skills
- communication / English
- sport flying
- aircraft & systems
- operating handbooks
- avionics training
- flight safety
- A&P Training
- A&P text books
- A&P test aides
- A&P training kits
- professional resources
- instructor resources
- EASA Part 66