Kitplanes MagazineFebruary 2017
click on pictures for detailed information
Kitplanes Magazine eBooks are the complete issues in electronic format which you may read on your computer or any other compatible viewing device.
eBook File Description:
Windows, Macintosh, iPad, and more
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- 2017 Engine Buyer’s Guide
- 18 Two-strokes to turbines: By Dan Horton.
- Builder Spotlight
- 6 Hatz CB-1 Classic: It took 10 years for Hansueli and Samuel Gautschi to complete the ultimate do-it-yourself project, and the result is an absolute gem. By Ernst Bickmeier.
- 12 Restoring a Stored Homebuilt: Expect the unexpected. By Dana Hague.
- 40 Becoming a Designated Airworthiness Representative(DAR): The long road to issuing airworthiness certificates. By Dave Prizio.
- 46 Rapid Prototyping and Experimental Design:3D-printed composite part molds. By Ken Krueger.
- 66 Ask the DAR : Converting heavy ultralights to ELSA, ELSA maintenance requirements. By Mel Asberry.
- Shop Talk
- 44 Plane and Simple: Instrument holes—they’re easy and fun with the right tools. By Jon Croke.
- 54 Best Practices: A safe workshop is a happy workshop. By Dave Prizio.
- 63 Home Shop Machinist: Machinery mobilization. By Bob Hadley.
- 72 Aero’Lectrics: De colores. By Jim Weir.
- Designer’s Notebook
- 50 Stressing Structure: V-n Diagram. By David Paule.
- 75 Wind Tunnel: Trike masts. By Barnaby Wainfan.
- 2 Editor’s Log: The first answer. By Paul Dye.
- 60 Checkpoints: Working the system. By Vic Syracuse.
- 78 Rear Cockpit: First biplane cross-country—terrified fun. By Tom Wilson.
- Kit Bits
- 4 Letters
- 67 List of Advertisers
- 68 Builders’ Marketplace
- 80 Kit Stuff: Drawing on experience. By cartoonist Robrucha.
- Pilot Ratings
- flight instructor
- unmanned systems
- Flying Skills
- VFR skills
- IFR & navigation
- professional skills
- communication / English
- sport flying
- aircraft systems and types
- operating handbooks
- avionics training
- flight safety
- A&P Training
- A&P text books
- A&P test aides
- A&P training kits
- training resources
- EASA Part 66 B1/B2
- EASA Part 66 CAT-A
- regulatory - A&Ps
- basic knowledge
- aircraft types and systems
- tools & hardware
- human factors - AMT