eBook File Description:
standard pdf ebook
Windows, Macintosh, iPad, and more
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Flight Reports
- 8 Virus Motorglider; Holy Motorglider, Batman. Here’s a nifty option for flying fast in a homebuilt without a medical; by Ed Wishmeyer.
- 2012 Engine Buyer’s Guide
- 16 2012 Alternative Engine Buyer’s Guide: Part 2 of our two-part engine guide focuses on auto-conversion powerplants; by Patrick Panzera.
- Builder Spotlight
54 Maintenance Matters Aircraft aluminum: more tips and techniques for repairs; by Steve Ells.
- 26 Something To Do: Jim Shy decided to buy an airport and then build an airplane to keep there; by Scott M. Spangler.
- 31 Buzzwords:Maneuvering Speed:What do the numbers really mean in terms of how you fly your airplane?; By Ed Kolano.
- 35 Firewall Forward: New,Used, Something Else? There are good, economical alternatives to ordering a factory-fresh engine, but caveats apply; by Dave Prizio.
- 57 Build it Better When 1+1 Does not equal 2; by Paul Dye.
- 74 Completions : Builders share their successes.
- 75 Ask the DAR: Gross weights and “destroyed” airplanes; by Mel Asberry.
- 73 Aero ’lectrics Build your own outdoor antenna; by Jim Weir.
- 66 Wind Tunnel In flight testing, patience is a virtue; by Barnaby Wainfan.
- 2 Guest Editorial: Engine spec sniff test; by Patrick Panzera.
- 5 What’s New: Dr. Rotech’s engine diagnostic tool, Planemakers builder assistance, and a new distributor of Electroair ignitions; edited by Abby Ventzke.
- 6 Viewfinder: Seeing Sebring; by Marc Cook.
- 42 Down to Earth: Getting instruments recurrent for spring flying; by Amy Laboda.
- 46 Free Flight Risky rational; by Paul Dye.
- 50 Alternative Energies Don’t Be Sad; hopeful; by Dean Sigler.
- 61 Light Stuff: Assembly is homebuilding, too; by Roy Beisswenger.
- 4 LETTERS
- 68 LIST OF ADVERTISERS
- 69 BUILDERS’ MARKETPLACE
- 80 KIT STUFF (Drawing on experience; by cartoonist Robrucha.)
- ...from the 'KITPLANES Magazine' Category
- > Kitplanes MagazineDecember 2016
- > Kitplanes Magazine Individual Back Issues
- > Kitplanes MagazineMarch 2017
- > Kitplanes MagazineMay 2017
- > Kitplanes Magazine Issue May 2009
- > Kitplanes Magazine January 2016
- > Kitplanes MagazineOctober 2016
- > 2018 Kitplanes MagazineBack Issues
- > Kitplanes MagazineNovember 2017
- > Kitplanes Magazine Issue March 2009
- Pilot Ratings
- flight instructor
- unmanned systems
- CFI & FBO resources
- Flying Skills
- regulatory - flight
- VFR skills
- IFR & navigation
- professional skills
- communication / English
- sport flying
- aircraft & systems
- operating handbooks
- avionics training
- flight safety
- A&P Training
- A&P text books
- A&P test aides
- A&P training kits
- professional resources
- instructor resources
- EASA Part 66