eBook File Description:
standard pdf ebook
Windows, Macintosh, iPad, and more
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Builder’s Log
- 8 Alternative Realities - A from-the-heart discussion of an alternative-engine building project; by Larry Simpson.
- Builder Spotlight
- 17 Pondering Powerplants - Is an auto-engine conversion right for you? By Rick Lindstrom.
- 29 All About Avionics: EFIS dreams - Technology in electronic flight instruments continues to advance; by Stein Bruch.
- 38 The Home Machinist - We’ll use an edge finder to locate infinity and beyond; by Bob Fritz.
- 43 Simplified One-Off Electronic Projects - How to create your dream gizmo without spending a lot of money. Amaze your friends! By Tom Kuffel.
- 53 To Launch a Light Sport - Details on the Jabiru J250’s fire-extinguisher system and some tips for locating holes with lasers; by Bob Fritz.
- 70 Completions - Builders share their successes.
- Shop Talk
- 71 Aero ’lectrics - Counting on the flip (flop) side; by Jim Weir.
- Designer’s Notebook
- 64 Wind Tunnel - Maximizing efficiency is deceptively complex; by Barnaby Wainfan.
- 2 Around the Patch - Alternative engines and the cult of personality; by Marc Cook.
- 24 Industry Report: What’s Up With LSAs? - Four years into the “next big thing,” are Light Sport Aircraft taking over the market? By Dave Martin.
- 46 MGL Infinity Singles - Upgraded small-format instruments from MGL could be ideal for an EFIS backup or primary gauges; by Marc Cook.
- 47 25th Anniversary: Engines of Change - In the last 25 years, new engine technologies have been promised, developed and forgotten. What’s been learned? By Marc Cook.
- 58 Engine Beat - Taking care of old Pushy and Pulley; by Steve Ells.
- 61 Ask the Dar - Amateur-builts and flight instruction...oil and water? By Mel Asberry.
- 73 Light Stuff - Producing an ELSA is a different game; by Dave Martin.
- Kit Bits
- 4 Contributors
- 6 Letters
- 66 List of Advertisers
- 67 Builders’ Marketplace
- 75 The Classified Builder
- 80 Kit Stuff
- ...from the 'KITPLANES Magazine' Category
- > Kitplanes MagazineJanuary 2018
- > Kitplanes MagazineOctober 2017
- > Kitplanes MagazineAugust 2016
- > Kitplanes Magazine July 2016
- > Kitplanes MagazineMay 2017
- > Kitplanes MagazineJanuary 2017
- > KITPLANES Fabric Series
- > Kitplanes Magazine Individual Back Issues
- > Kitplanes MagazineApril 2018
- > Kitplanes MagazineMarch 2017
- Pilot Ratings
- flight instructor
- unmanned systems
- CFI & FBO resources
- Flying Skills
- regulatory - flight
- VFR skills
- IFR & navigation
- professional skills
- communication / English
- sport flying
- aircraft & systems
- operating handbooks
- avionics training
- flight safety
- A&P Training
- A&P text books
- A&P test aides
- A&P training kits
- professional resources
- instructor resources
- EASA Part 66