Kitplanes Magazine Issue
Kitplanes Magazine eBooks are the complete issues in electronic format which you may read on your computer or any other compatible viewing device.
eBook File Description:
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Flight Review
- 4 Carbon Cub EX-2: A good backcountry airplane gets even better. By Dave Prizio.
- Builder Spotlight
- 10 Navigate the Glass Transition: Learning to use an EFIS. By Katie Bosman Krotje.
- 14 Taming the Lancair IV: Vortecx winglets make a glass speedster faster, slower, and safer. By Lewis Bjork.
- 22 Flying Other People’s Planes: Yes, it’s fun—butbeware of unexpected problems. By Paul Dye.
- 30 Glass Panel Up grade: Adding a Garmin G3X Touch to a Wheeler Express. By Reinhard Metz.
- 36 Who’s Got the Time? Are you logging pilot flight time and aircraft time in service correctly? By Owen C. Baker.
- 40 ENGINE THEORY : Engine basics and layouts—why our engines are shaped the way they are. By Tom Wilson.
- 47 Error Chain: Aeronautical decision making—it seemed like a good idea at the time. By Michael Robinson.
- 75 ask the DAR : Lost logbooks and airworthiness certificate, confusion about Light Sport Aircraft. By Mel Asberry.
- Shop Talk
- 52 Aircraft Wiring: Electrical system contactors for Experimental aircraft. By Marc Ausman.
- 54 Maintenance Matters: Recapped tires—save money without sacrificing quality. By Dave Prizio.
- 61 Home Shop Machinist: Boring on the vertical. By Bob Hadley.
- 64 The New Guy: Getting the spark back. By David Boeshaar.
- 78 Aero’Lectrics: Beachball bingo. By Jim Weir.
- Shop Tips
- 29 Joining Two Small Wires: By David Boeshaar.
- Designer's Notebook
- 76 Wind Tunnel: Beefing it up. By Barnaby Wainfan.
- 3 Editor’s Log: Have you asked why? By Paul Dye.
- 58 Risky Business: Mission planning—stick to the plan. By Sid Mayeux.
- 66 Checkpoints: Living the dream. By Vic Syracuse.
- Kit Bits
- 2 Letters
- 69 List of Advertisers
- 70 Builders’ Marketplace
- 80 Kit Stuff: Drawing on experience; by cartoonist Robrucha.
- ...from the 'KITPLANES Magazine' Category
- > Kitplanes MagazineJanuary 2019
- > KITPLANES Composites Series
- > Kitplanes MagazineAugust 2016
- > Kitplanes MagazineOctober 2017
- > Kitplanes MagazineSeptember 2017
- > Kitplanes MagazineJanuary 2018
- > Kitplanes MagazineJanuary 2017
- > Kitplanes MagazineApril 2018
- > Kitplanes MagazineJune 2017
- > Kitplanes MagazineAugust 2017
- Pilot Ratings
- flight instructor
- unmanned systems
- CFI & FBO resources
- Flying Skills
- regulatory - flight
- VFR skills
- IFR & navigation
- professional skills
- communication / English
- sport flying
- aircraft & systems
- operating handbooks
- avionics training
- flight safety
- A&P Training
- A&P text books
- A&P test aides
- A&P training kits
- professional resources
- instructor resources
- EASA Part 66