If you have purchased eBooks from us and have lost your download links, please click here to visit the "get downloads" page. Fill in the appropriate information and you will be brought to your personal eBook page that lists your download links. If you have difficulties, please contact us.
Why eBooks? eBooks are full color, page-by-page reproductions of your book in Adobe format which you can view on your desktop, laptop, iPad, Kindle Fire, or most Android type mobile readers. All eBooks from Aircraft Technical Book Company are fully searchable and extensively bookmarked. The content of an eBook is identical to that of a printed book, PLUS:
- You get it now! 24 hours a day, every day of the year!
- No shipping costs! big savings for our international customers!
- Full search capability! available on all ebooks!
- Table of contents with hyperlinks! go to any chapter or section with one click!
- Environmentally friendly! saves paper, manufacturing, and transportation!
- No import tax, duties, or brokerage fees! big savings for international customers!
Try it for yourself - Free!If you would like to try it first, to be sure that eBooks work for you, click either of the Free eBook titles on the right. Select the add-to-cart and order in the normal way. Your download directions will be sent immediately the email address you provide on checkout. You can open your pdf file on any device that supports pdf files, including Adobe Reader and Adobe Digital Editions.
Click to Try!
Click to Try!
Our current eBook Library
How do I find my eBook?
How do I download my Standard Adobe eBook?
1. Verify you have purchased a Standard Adobe eBook by referring to your order receipt. If "EBOOK" is listed in the product title (and not "SECURE EBOOK"), then you are following the correct instructions.
2. Make sure you have an eBook Reader installed. We recommend Adobe Reader or Adobe Digital Editions on your PC or Mac, although any pdf reader will work. For your iPad or Android device, we recommend BlueFire Reader (search "bluefire" in your app store and install).
3. Go to your downloads page. From your computer or handheld device, open your emailed order receipt and click the link provided to view your personal eBook download page. If you have lost your email receipt, you can always click here and fill in the appropriate information to be brought to your downloads page.
4. Download your eBook. Click on the "download" button to download your eBook file to your computer or handheld device. On your PC or Mac, save the link to a location on your computer where you wish to store your books, open in your pdf reader of choice. On your iPad or Android device, the eBook will likely open in your web browser. Once it has opened completely, double tap the cover page of the eBook and you will see an "open in..." prompt appear. Click this and select BlueFire Reader and your eBook will then open in this reader and be saved to your eBook library.
How do I download my Secure Adobe eBook to my PC or Mac?
1. Verify you have purchased a Secure Adobe eBook by referring to your order receipt. If "SECURE EBOOK" is listed in the product title, then you are following the correct instructions.
2. Install and authorize Adobe Digital Editions. On your PC or Mac, download Adobe Digital Editions and activate the software on your computer. Make sure you create an Adobe ID when prompted during the installation process. Not creating an Adobe ID can result in your eBook not working properly. If you are not prompted to create an Adobe ID and authorize your Adobe Digital Editions during the installation process. Open the program, click Help->Authorize Computer and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Go to your downloads page. Click on the link provided on the thank you screen or in your email receipt after placing your order to view your eBook download page. If you have lost your email receipt, you can always click here and fill in the appropriate information to be brought to your downloads page.
4. Download your eBook. Click on the "download" button to download your eBook file. Open the file called URLLink.acsm with Adobe Digital Editions as the picture indicates below. Enjoy your eBook!
How do I open my Secure eBook on my iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch?
We have adopted the use of BlueFire Reader to view our secure Adobe PDF eBooks on iDevices, but you can use other applications instead, like txtr.com. It's up to you!
1. Create an Adobe ID on www.adobe.com if you don't already have one.
2. Install the BlueFire Reader Application. Search for "bluefire" in the App Store on your iPad, iPhone or iPad Touch and install the application.
3. Authorize BlueFire Reader. Selecting the "info" tab on the bottom of the application and clicking "authorize". Type in your Adobe ID (email and password). BlueFire will inform you if your application was successfully authorized.
4. Download the eBook to your device. From your device, navigate to your personal eBook downloads page that can be accessed from your store receipt and download your eBook. Note that it may take a few minutes to download completely. It is important your device does not go to sleep during this time. Keep tapping the screen with your finger to keep it awake. The eBook should open automatically.
Note: If you have difficulty with this process, you could also transfer the eBook via iTunes. To try this method, refer to the Troubleshooting FAQs section below and open the heading "I am having difficulties opening my eBook on my Apple device. Is there another process I can follow?"
How do I open my Secure eBook on my Android device?
There are two sets of instructions for Android devices below. One instruction set is for devices listed as compatible with Adobe Digital Editions and the other instruction set is for other devices that are not compatible with Adobe Digital Editions, but are compatible with BlueFire Reader.
For Android Devices listed here:
- 1. Download your eBook to Adobe Digital Editions on your computer. For detailed instructions on this step, click "How do I download my secure eBook" above.
- 2. Connect your Android device to your computer and wake it up. You should see the name of your device under the Devices tab on the left panel.
- 3. Transfer your eBook to your Android. In Adobe Digital Editions, select the Library View icon (in the upper left corner) and click on the Adobe eBook you want to transfer to your Android device. Drag the eBook picture over your eBook device name in the left panel and the file transfer will begin. Once the transfer is complete, disconnect the eBook device and enjoy the eBook ‘on the go’.
For Android Devices NOT listed here, we have adopted the use of Bluefire Reader:
- 1. Create an Adobe ID on the www.adobe.com website if you don't already have one. An Adobe ID is required to open a secure eBook on your laptop or handheld device.
- 2. Install the BlueFire application on your Android handheld device. You can search for the word "BlueFire" in your app market or click here to visit app page.
- 3. Authorize your BlueFire Reader app by clicking the "info" tab, selecting authorize and inputing the Adobe ID login credentials you created.
- 4. Download and open your eBook in BlueFire Reader. Open an internet browser on your Android device and visit your Digital Downloads page (link provided in your eBook order receipt). Click on the download button for the eBook you would like to open. When prompted, select BlueFire Reader as the reader you would like to open the eBook in. Some eBooks may take a few minutes to download fully and you will see a "processing..." message while it loads.
- Note: BlueFire reader is compatible with Android 2.2, 2.3, 3.1 and beyond mobile devices. If you have issues opening your eBook in BlueFire Reader, the BlueFire FAQ page can be helpful. Also feel free to contact us. for technical difficulties as well.
How do I open my Secure eBook on my Kindle Fire?
The instructions below guide you through the steps for installing Bluefire Reader for Android on your Kindle Fire. Note that you should open this page in the browser on your Kindle Fire before you begin.
- 1. Tap “Settings” on your Kindle Fire (it’s the icon that looks like a gear)
- 2. Tap “More”
- 3. Scroll down until you see “Device”
- 4. In the Device tab, set “Allow installation of Applications” to ON, and tap OK when you see the Warning prompt
- 5. Tap here to download the Bluefire Reader APK (the Android app)
- 6. Once the app has finished downloading, tap the Menu icon at the bottom of the screen and tap Downloads
- 7. Tap on the file named “BluefireReader.apk”
- 8. The Fire will ask if you are sure you want to install the app…
- 9. Tap “Yes”
- 10. The installation process will start…
- 11. After the installation is complete, look for Bluefire Reader in your Apps collection
The latest version of Bluefire Reader will be installed on your Kindle Fire. However, the app is not automatically updated. You will need to check the Blue Fire website from time to time to see if there’s an updated version of Bluefire Reader for Android available. Please note that only the Kindle Fire is compatible.
How do I open my Secure eBook on my Blackberry?
- 1. Install blackberry application. To read secure eBooks on a BlackBerry, you will need to first download and install a third-party application, such as Overdrive Media Console.
- 2. Make sure that you have an Adobe ID. Make sure that your BlackBerry is activated with your Adobe ID. To do this, open OverDrive Media Console on your BlackBerry.
- Select Menu > Options.
- Under eBook Options, enter your Adobe ID and password.
- Click Authorize.
- 3. Download and open your eBook in Overdrive Media Console. Open an internet browser on your Blackberry device and visit your Digital Downloads page (link provided in your eBook order receipt). Click on the download button for the eBook you would like to open. When prompted, select Overdrive Media Console as the reader you would like to open the eBook in. Some eBooks may take a few minutes to download fully and you will see a "processing..." message while it loads.
Learn about eBooks
Why are some eBooks secure?
In order to prevent file sharing and unauthorized usage, some publishers require their eBooks be protected with a Digital rights Management system (DRM). For those books which are secured, consider it a condition of sale from the publisher. The book would not be available in digital format if it were not for this system.
How do I know if my eBook is Secure?
The product description of each eBook in our catalog states whether that book is secured and which publisher restrictions apply. You can also check your email receipt to see if your eBook is secure. If the title of the eBook you purchased includes the words ‘SECURE EBOOK’, it is secured.
What are Standard Adobe eBooks?
Standard Adobe eBooks are Adobe .pdf or .epub files and can be supported on many different platforms. Most handheld devices (Kindle, iPad, Nook, etc.) have an eBook reader installed that supports .pdf and ePub files. You can also download the free Adobe Digital Editions software or free Adobe Reader software to read your eBook on your PC or Macintosh.
Standard Adobe eBooks are still copyrighted. Each eBook purchased is licensed for one customer at a time and may not legally be shared with other users.
What are Secure Adobe eBooks?
Secure Adobe eBooks are pdf or ePub files protected with Adobe eBook Digital Rights Managment (DRM), which is the industry standard eBook security platform used across a wide variety of booksellers and public libraries. Secure eBooks are restricted for use on up to 6 devices and 6 tethered devices, including Windows PCs, Macs, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Kindle Fire, Android readers with Android 2.2, 2.3, 3.1 and beyond operating systems, and Android readers and other mobile devices listed here, including the Barnes & Noble Nook Color.
Some secure eBooks (depending on the publisher’s requirements) are further restricted to not allow printing or the use of copy/paste functions. These restrictions, if they exist, will be noted on the description page of each eBook.
Before downloading a secure eBook, you must install and authorize the free Adobe Digital Editions on your PC or Macintosh. Your eBook will then open on your device that your personalized copy of Digital Editions exists. Please remember that there is no way to increase your device limit, so use your downloads wisely and ensure that you have installed and authorized Adobe Digital Editions on your machine prior to clicking the eBook download link.
What is the difference between ePub and PDF eBooks?
ePub is an ideal format for handheld devices because of its reflowable nature, which means that when you increase or decrease the text size, the text will arrange itself to fit your screen. It works well on PCs and Macs and will require you to open the file in the free Adobe Digital Editions software.
PDF is a standard format for reading eBooks and retains the original design of each page, so you see on your screen exactly what the book designer intended. While a nice feature for technical eBooks with embedded tables and figures, it can be difficult to read on handheld devices with small screens because the text size can not be modified without zooming in/out on each page.
A summary: Here’s a table that summarizes the differences between PDFs and EPUBs (as of 9/6/2011):
|Feature||EPUB||PDF (viewed with a PDF Reader)|
|Reflowable text||EPUBs automatically reflow (and hyphenate) and are well suited for mobile devices.||PDFs are written in concrete – remember, they’re based on printed pages, typically 8½ by 11, and (with many PDF readers) they do not reflow when enlarged. This can make PDFs difficult to read on smaller mobile devices. Note: Adobe Reader X and a few other readers give users the ability to reflow text; however, this feature is typically not automatic.|
|Change the font and specify a particular font size||EPUBs can do this.||PDFs cannot do this on many PDF readers.|
|Page turning||To turn the pages of an EPUB, users swipe horizontally.||To turn the pages of a PDF, users scroll vertically, and because of bottom page margins, there are typically larger gaps between pages.|
|Complex tables||With EPUBs, complex tables can be problematic, and content or coding often needs to be tweaked to make these types of tables work.||With PDF, although complex tables may not require tweaking, they are often difficult to read on smaller devices and pose problems (horizontal scrolling) when enlarged.|
|Graphics||On small mobile devices, graphics can be difficult to read in EPUBs.||On small mobile devices, graphics can be difficult to read in PDFs.|
|Search||Available with EPUBs.||Available with PDFs.|
|Annotation||Available with EPUBs.||Available with PDFs.|
|Copy text||Available with EPUBs.||Available with PDFs.|
Can I return my eBook if I am unhappy with the product?
eProducts are satisfaction guaranteed. If you do not like it, or it is not what you are looking for, it may be returned for a refund within 30 days of purchase. If your dislike of the eProduct is due to technical issues, we do ask that you allow us to help you troubleshoot to solve the issue before we process the return. Also note that with secure eBooks, a 7% license fee from Adobe Systems is included in it the purchase price. Because that license is not cancelable, your total refund will be 93% of the eBook’s price.
Can I read my eBook when not connected to the internet?
Yes. Standard Adobe eBooks can be read offline as soon as you download the eBook file. For Secure eBooks, once the eBook is downloaded and the device is authorized with Adobe Digital Editions, you can open your books anywhere, anytime.
Can I change my allowed computers?
Unfortunately, no. There is NO WAY to issue additional downloads, so please make sure you follow the above instructions before downloading your eBooks. You are allowed 6 computers and 6 tethered devices authorized to your personal Digital Editions. There is no way to add additional licenses, so please be careful when downloading your eBooks.
Can I purchase secured eBooks for others?
Yes, BUT remember that the first time the eBook is downloaded and authorized with an Adobe ID in Adobe Digital Editions, it belongs to that user. You can not switch users after the eBook has been opened the first time. Please make sure that before you click the eBook download link, Adobe Digital Editions is installed on that computer and authorized by the correct user. We can not reassign eBooks due to the nature of the software.
Can I network eBooks or put them in a shared system?
Unfortunately no, secure eBooks cannot be accessed via a network.
eBook Troubleshooting FAQs
I lost my receipt and can’t find my eBooks?
Click here to visit our "get downloads" page. Fill in the appropriate information and you will be brought to your personal eBook page that lists your download links. If you have difficulties, please contact us.
I am having difficulties opening my eBook on my Apple device. Is there another process I can follow?
1. Download your eBook to Adobe Digital Editions on your computer. For detailed instructions on this step, click "How do I download my secure eBook" above.
2. Install iTunes. If iTunes is not already installed on your computer, click here to download Apple iTunes 10.0 (or higher) and iOS 3.2 (or higher)
3. Install the BlueFire Reader Application. Search for "bluefire" in the App Store on your iPad, iPhone or iPad Touch or in the iTunes store on your computer and download.
4. Make sure Adobe Digital Editions and Bluefire Reader are authorized with the same Adobe ID. To see which email address your BlueFire app is authorized to, open the Bluefire app on your iDevice and click the info button on the bottom right of the screen. To check the authorization in Adobe Digital Editions, open Adobe Digital Editions and click Help and select "Authorization Information...".
5. Transfer your first eBook to Bluefire Reader. (Future eBooks can be ordered directly from your iPad!):
- a) Connect your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch installed with Bluefire Reader to the computer that has iTunes and Digital Editions on it. You should see the device (iPod, iPhone or iPad) appear under Devices on the left side of iTunes as the picture below indicates. Click on the device.
- b) With your device selected in the left panel, click on the Apps tab button at the top of the main iTunes window.
- c) Underneath the Synch Apps panel you should see the File Sharing panel. Checkmark the box next to Bluefire Reader.
- d) Click on Bluefire Reader under Apps in the File Sharing panel at the bottom left of the screen. You should then see the eBooks you have in Bluefire Reader appear in the Documents list to the right.
- e) At the bottom of the Documents list click the "Add..." button.
- f) Navigate to the directory where your new eBook is stored and open the file:
- On OSX: your-home-directory/Documents/Digital Editions
- On Windows: your-home-directory/Documents/My Digital Editions
- g) iTunes should then transfer the file to your device and Bluefire Reader will then automatically add this item to your Bluefire Reader Library. You can now open and enjoy your eBook(s) in Bluefire Reader on your iDevice!
I have opened my eBook, but can't find the bookmarks (Table of Contents)?
All eBooks are bookmarked so that you can navigate the eBook by chapter and/or subject. The bookmarks should automatically open, however, if they do not automatically appear on the sidebar of:
- Adobe Reader, go to View->Navigation Panels->Bookmarks
- Adobe Digital Editions, click the arrow next to Reading and click on show navigation pane.
I have downloaded a Secure eBook that doesn’t open up in Adobe Digital Editions. How do I open it?
If you have received an .acsm file that doesn’t open up automatically, it probably means that Adobe Digital Editions is not already installed on your system. In this case, save the file received and download Adobe Digital Editions. Once the download is complete, open the .acsm file. It should automatically get opened in Digital Editions.
- If the .acsm file still doesn't automatically open in Adobe Digital Editions, it could be an issue of associating the filetype .acsm with Adobe Digital Editions. This can happen if:
- 1) Book is downloaded first and then Adobe Digital Editions is installed.
- 2) ADE is not installed properly.
- 3) Sometimes firefox browser creates problems.
- This is how you can rectify it:
- 1. Once you have installed Adobe Digital Editions, right-click the urllink.acsm file.
- 2. Select 'Open With', and choose 'Adobe Digital Editions'.
- 3. Click 'OK'. Adobe Digital Editions opens and downloads the eBook.
- If you have already installed Adobe Digital Editions before downloading the ebook, then you may need to adjust your computer's file associations so that the Adobe software opens the ACSM file type.
- For Windows Vista
- 1. Go to Start > Control Panel > Default Programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a program. The 'Associate a file type or protocol with a program' dialog box is displayed.
- 2. Under the 'Extensions' heading, select '.acsm' and click the 'Change program...' button. The 'Open With' dialog box is displayed.
- 3. Click the 'Browse...' button. A second 'Open With' dialog box is displayed.
- 4. Browse to 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Digital Editions and select 'digitaleditions.exe'
- 5. Click 'Open' to associate ACSM files with Adobe Digital Editions.
- 6. Double-click the 'urllink.acsm' file you downloaded. Adobe Digital Editions opens and downloads the eBook.
- For Windows 98SE, Windows 2000, Windows ME, or Windows XP
- 1. Open 'My Computer' and from the menu bar select Tools > Folder Options and click on the 'File Types' tab.
- 2. Select '.acsm' and click the 'Change' button.
- 3. In the list of programs displayed, click on 'Adobe Digital Editions', then click the 'OK' button.
- 4. Double-click the 'urllink.acsm' file you downloaded. Adobe Digital Editions opens and downloads the eBook.
- For Macintosh™ operating systems
- 1. 'Control-click' the 'urllink.acsm' file and select 'Get Info'. The 'urllink.acsm Info' window is displayed.
- 2. Expand the 'Open with:' section and click the 'Other...' drop-down.
- 3. In the list of programs displayed, select Adobe Digital Editions.
- 4. Check the 'Always Open With' checkbox to set the Adobe software to always open ACSM files.
- 5. Click the 'Add' button. The 'urllink.acsm Info' window is displayed.
- 6. Close the 'urllink.acsm Info' window.
I’m not able to access my Secure eBook on Digital Editions installed on other machines. Why is that?
- * Make sure that Digital editions is properly authorized as mentioned above.
- * Protected items that you download with Digital Editions can open on up to six computers and mobile devices provided they are properly authorized
- * If you have already opened your protected book on 6 computers and mobile devices and you are trying to open it on a 7th device, you will not be able to do so. In this case, please open your eBook on the last 6 devices/computers.
Is Adobe Digital Editions authorized correctly?
It's important that Adobe Digital Editions is authorized to "you" before you download your secure eBook to it. Otherwise, your eBook may not be authorized to your account correctly and may not open. To check your authorization...open Adobe Digital Editions. Click Help and select "Authorization Information..." as the picture indicates below. Make sure the email address listed here is the one you are expecting.
If you need to change your authorization to a different account on either your computer or handheld device (remember you will lose any eBooks saved to the old account when performing this action), follow the instructions below:
- Deauthorize your reader
- 1. Plug your reader into your computer with the USB cable.
- 2. Open Adobe Digital Editions.
- 3. Click on the name of your reader, displayed under Devices in the menu on the left of the screen.
- 4. Click on the gear icon, then on Erase Device Authorization.
- 5. Confirm that you want to deauthorize your device by clicking on Erase Authorization.
- 6. Safely eject your reader from the computer.
- Deauthorize your computer
- 1. Open Adobe Digital Editions.
- 2. Press <CTRL>+<SHIFT>+<D>
- 3. A window will appear asking if you want to deauthorize your computer. Confirm that you want to deauthorize your device by clicking on Erase Authorization.
- 4. Close Adobe Digital Editions.
- Reauthorize your computer
- 1. Open Adobe Digital Editions.
- 2. Click on Help, then on Authorize Computer.
- 3. Enter the email address you used to create an Adobe ID and your password, then click on Authorize.
- Reauthorize your reader
- 1. Plug your device into your computer using the USB cable.
- 2. You should see the device name appear under Devices on the left side of the screen. Click on the name of your device.
- 3. Then click on the gear icon, and on Authorize Device.
- 4. You should see the Adobe ID you authorized your computer with listed as the default ID. Click on the Authorize Device button.
- 5. Safely eject your device from the computer.
Adobe Digital Editions Error: E_IO_TEMP_FILE_WRITE
Users will see this error if their device goes to sleep while in the process of downloading their materials. To fix, you can either 1) change the auto-lock timing to never go to sleep and then change back after eBook successfully downloads OR 2) Continuously tap the screen to prevent device from sleeping.
Adobe Digital Editions Error: Code #2083. License Error (Server Communication problem: E_ADEPT_IO)
This is a generic error caused by your firewall blocking the port and not allowing Adobe Digital Editions to download. If you receive this error message while trying open an e-book with Adobe Digital Editions, check your firewall settings to make sure the standard port 80 is open.
Adobe Digital Editions Error: Server Timeout or Download Reset
This is most often caused by the problem with your Internet connection or browser. Please contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or check your browser to make sure it is working properly.
Need further technical support?
Adobe Digital Editions offers support:
Bluefire Reader also offers support:
If you are still having problems that you could not resolve from the above directions, please contact technical support by email or calling us at 970-726-5111. All technical support questions are personally handled by a well trained technician and email support is often handled outside of business hours. Initially, we will try to correct the issue. However if the issue can not be quickly resolved we will offer you a full refund.
We guarantee that you will be completely satisfied with every purchase made from us. If within 30 days, you are unhappy with your eBook for any reason, we will immediately refund your money.
- Pilot Ratings
- flight instructor
- PPL - easa/jaa
- ATPL - easa/jaa
- CFI & FBO resources
- Flying Skills
- regulatory - flight
- VFR skills
- IFR & navigation
- professional skills
- communication / English
- sport flying
- aircraft & systems
- operating handbooks
- avionics training
- flight safety
- A&P Training
- A&P text books
- A&P test aides
- A&P training kits
- professional resources
- instructor resources
- EASA Part 147
changes twice per week
hover for full view
Provided by http://www.trade-a-plane.com